How did you come up with your favicon design? Looking for suggestions.

Alternadiv

My site has never had a favicon that felt right. My main logo isn't really suited to become one and when I try, I never like the way it turns out.

This is the logo:

logo.png

I've tried using the red square with the white '3G' letters but it didn't look right.

This is a logo that is a work in progress and I don't currently use it but perhaps a favicon could be made with this aesthetic?

t3g-trd-logo-120.webp

--

Any suggestions?

My logo is a steaming coffee cup next to the board's name. So for things like the favicon and PWA icons, I just take the coffee cup part. Yours is more difficult, but I think you're on the right track. Might need to shrink the 3G and put it under the arm of the T to get it more square.

That new logo is something I’m trying to do because I thought it would be cool to take Toyota’s TRD logo font and make it say T3G. The orange/red/yellow stripes are also something I’d like to implement.

Attachments

• IMG_2103.webp
    IMG_2103.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2104.webp
    IMG_2104.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 5
To be honest I don't like the new design. The font does look bad and streteched and that red with black border looks awful.

The old one is really good looking imo, I would not ditch that. It looks smooth. The color of red is perfect.

I don't understand how the red square as your favicon didn't look right? I think that is the essential part of your current logo and it looks glossy. You actually have it already made for you. I would not change my old logo if I were you. Maybe if you got too bored with it you can tweak it a bit and ditch the text around it. But the Tacoma3G comes really through.

These are situations where in hindsight (had you known a favicon would be necessary) you might have designed the favicon first and then expanded from that, or at least when doing the initial design, you think about how faviconable it is.

Not happy with my favicon either really but decided to leave it as it is as it’s recognisable. I just used a generator with a letter and using the logo colours. So for something simple you could have a stylish T with a red background maybe?

Not happy with my favicon either really but decided to leave it as it is as it’s recognisable. I just used a generator with a letter and using the logo colours. So for something simple you could have a stylish T with a red background maybe?

Top Bottom