How did you come up with your favicon design? Looking for suggestions.

My site has never had a favicon that felt right. My main logo isn't really suited to become one and when I try, I never like the way it turns out.

This is the logo:

logo.png

I've tried using the red square with the white '3G' letters but it didn't look right.

This is a logo that is a work in progress and I don't currently use it but perhaps a favicon could be made with this aesthetic?

View attachment 283965

--

Any suggestions?
I would use the red square with the white 3G in it personally. Your original logo is the best out of all the mock-ups.

Perfect ready made favicon.

I appreciate the feedback and responses. I haven’t had a chance to get on my computer to experiment yet. But here’s another (old) prototype logo from when nearly changed the name of my site. I’m showing this one because it uses the red/yellow/orange Toyota colors. And the font that ‘TACOMA’ uses is the exact font from the back of the trucks.

I’m surprised most of you like my original logo. I’ve been using it since 2018 but have never been a fan of it because it doesn’t give off-road or outdoor vibes.

tacomaportalbigstripes.webp

A tip from a design lover. If you want to keep the current logo, create your favicon using only the first 2 letters. It is read and viewed at a small size and does not alter or change the main design of the logo. Otherwise you would have to create a new logo (icon plus text). Don't confuse users by designing a different new logo just for your favicon. Or I can recommend you to use the first letter "T" of your current logo as the favicon.

I appreciate the feedback and responses. I haven’t had a chance to get on my computer to experiment yet. But here’s another (old) prototype logo from when nearly changed the name of my site. I’m showing this one because it uses the red/yellow/orange Toyota colors. And the font that ‘TACOMA’ uses is the exact font from the back of the trucks.

I’m surprised most of you like my original logo. I’ve been using it since 2018 but have never been a fan of it because it doesn’t give off-road or outdoor vibes.

View attachment 284004
Your existing logo is better than this one too.

Top Bottom