How did XenForo get so many users so fast?

D37

I'm confused... I come on here and there are so many people online! How did this happen so fast? I launched a forum last week and can't get anyone to sign up LOL.

I can understand people moving from vB, but people moved here from IPB? IPB is really good forum software.

I imagine it's partly due to Internet Brands shooting themselves in the foot, with their announcement of a claim against XenForo; before that point many people (including me) had never even heard this was even in development!

I imagine it's partly due to Internet Brands shooting themselves in the foot, with their announcement of a claim against XenForo; before that point many people (including me) had never even heard this was even in development!

Not to doubt anything you are saying, bad publicity is good publicity...but this site was about 2500+ members before that announcement I believe. Still pretty good numbers.

I believe it was mostly word of mouth. I don't know for sure.

Not to doubt anything you are saying, bad publicity is good publicity...but this site was about 2500+ members before that announcement I believe. Still pretty good numbers.

I believe it was mostly word of mouth. I don't know for sure.

Given my member number is 2563, I'd be inclined to agree with you, especially as I signed up on the Tuesday following the announcement, though I think that the numbers have shot up since then.

If I was going to participate in the beta and buy a license now I'd expect a discount... I'm looking for a solution that I can launch right now for a site I'm launching.

I can understand people moving from vB, but people moved here from IPB? IPB is really good forum software.

As some one who has moved on over from IPB, and yes I agree it's excellent software, I simply got sick and tired of the upgrade schedule and the bloated nature of the product. Not one of my members uses even a fraction of all the bells and whistles shoehorned into the forum. Besides Peggy promised me a pizza and six pack if I signed up.

As some one who has moved on over from IPB, and yes I agree it's excellent software, I simply got sick and tired of the upgrade schedule and the bloated nature of the product. Not one of my members uses even a fraction of all the bells and whistles shoehorned into the forum. Besides Peggy promised me a pizza and six pack if I signed up.
where's my pizza?
You should donate it seeing as how you have a pizza chef in the house :-P

I really agree with you in regards to all the bells and whistles. It has a lot of features that I myself don't use (I own 2 IPB licenses). I am really liking the simplicity of XenForo.

Oh also are you using your XenForo on a live site?

I really agree with you in regards to all the bells and whistles. It has a lot of features that I myself don't use (I own 2 IPB licenses). I am really liking the simplicity of XenForo.

My thoughts exactly, and I help out over at an IPB skinning site :)

How do we do multi-quote?

To answer both questions, no we aren't live as yet - skin is being built and admins learning the product, not sure on the multi-quoting but it's covered in the "have you seen" forum, possibly with a video featuring the dulcet tones of one Mr Kier Darby.

Top Bottom