How did XenForo get so many users so fast?

How does it run rings around the competition?
Its fast, intuitive, innovative, comes with the essential built-in tools without all the clutter... did I mention how fast it is... contains a good mix of current trends between forum and social networking aspects... then just go and play in the ACP and see how the competition stacks up in that area. :D

Its fast, intuitive, innovative, comes with the essential built-in tools without all the clutter... did I mention how fast it is... contains a good mix of current trends between forum and social networking aspects... then just go and play in the ACP and see how the competition stacks up in that area. :D
Fast? That's an understatement.

Is there a way I can test the admin cp? I don't have a license.

Is there a way I can test the admin cp? I don't have a license.
Unless another license holder is willing to let you run riot in their admin test board, then no, there's no way. You'll need to wait until either A) You buy a license. B) xenForo sets up a demo

I hope they set up a demo soon. I'm surprised they haven't already... for $140 I expect to see the control panel first LOL

I hope they set up a demo soon. I'm surprised they haven't already... for $140 I expect to see the control panel first LOL
Sure, I understand that. You can also see it from the other side of the fence, the product is only just in it's first ever beta release. I'm almost certain that once the product has gone gold and the dust has settled, the powers that be will setup a demo board for potential customers.

As some one who has moved on over from IPB, and yes I agree it's excellent software, I simply got sick and tired of the upgrade schedule and the bloated nature of the product. Not one of my members uses even a fraction of all the bells and whistles shoehorned into the forum. Besides Peggy promised me a pizza and six pack if I signed up.

She did? The one I said looks 25?

Damn it! I want a pizza too :(

*starves for the night*

Does it allow for advertisement integration? Like to have a advert after the first post, in the header, etc...

I wouldn't expect that. But I come from vBulletin, who doesn't provide a go at the CP before purchase.

Also, I like to believe that XenForo gained it's popularity mostly from the reputation of it's developers, who are very well-known and popular in the forum software world.

I only heard about XenForo a few weeks ago, maybe not even a month (check the date I signed up) but I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Beta 1. The best thing about it is, you get a year from the day the first gold release comes out, not from when you buy the licence. This is something that is great!! Something maybe potential buyers need to keep in mind for sure!!

Although they do have a law suit over them at the moment, it isn't gonna change!! I'm pretty sure Kier and the other devs knew exactly what they were facing as soon as they set about doing what they are doing, and they know what they can and cannot use!! Internet Brands are doing what they always do, running to their highly paid lawyers to get them the big majority of the forum market!!

When XenForo does go gold, and it will, you watch how many people leave!! If you think it's bad now, this is just the people who have interest on what can be done with Xen, not the normal day-to-day user!!

Top Bottom