1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did XenForo get so many users so fast?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D37, Oct 10, 2010.

1. D37

D37 Active Member

I'm confused... I come on here and there are so many people online! How did this happen so fast? I launched a forum last week and can't get anyone to sign up LOL.

2. FreshFroot

FreshFroot Well-Known Member

Well a lot of the vB community moved here and some even from IPB. I guess since the devs are well know. It makes it easier to come here and know a good product will be created.

Vladislav Rastrusny likes this.
  3. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

This is the software and owner's site. lol

4. D37

D37 Active Member

I can understand people moving from vB, but people moved here from IPB? IPB is really good forum software.

5. Stormkeeper

Stormkeeper Member

I imagine it's partly due to Internet Brands shooting themselves in the foot, with their announcement of a claim against XenForo; before that point many people (including me) had never even heard this was even in development!

6. GCSkye

GCSkye Active Member

Not to doubt anything you are saying, bad publicity is good publicity...but this site was about 2500+ members before that announcement I believe. Still pretty good numbers.

I believe it was mostly word of mouth. I don't know for sure.

7. D37

D37 Active Member

Yeah and everyone here seems to be posting quite a bit.

anotheralias likes this.
  8. Stormkeeper

Stormkeeper Member

Given my member number is 2563, I'd be inclined to agree with you, especially as I signed up on the Tuesday following the announcement, though I think that the numbers have shot up since then.

9. D37

D37 Active Member

When is it going gold? I'd like to buy a license, but it's still in BETA right?

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

There's no estimated timeframe for gold, but you're more than welcome to buy a license right now to participate in the beta.

11. D37

D37 Active Member

If I was going to participate in the beta and buy a license now I'd expect a discount... I'm looking for a solution that I can launch right now for a site I'm launching.

12. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

As some one who has moved on over from IPB, and yes I agree it's excellent software, I simply got sick and tired of the upgrade schedule and the bloated nature of the product. Not one of my members uses even a fraction of all the bells and whistles shoehorned into the forum. Besides Peggy promised me a pizza and six pack if I signed up.

glorify, D37 and EQnoble like this.
  13. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

where's my pizza?
    You should donate it seeing as how you have a pizza chef in the house :p

14. D37

D37 Active Member

I really agree with you in regards to all the bells and whistles. It has a lot of features that I myself don't use (I own 2 IPB licenses). I am really liking the simplicity of XenForo.

Jethro likes this.
  15. D37

D37 Active Member

Oh also are you using your XenForo on a live site?

16. D37

D37 Active Member

How do we do multi-quote?

17. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, and I help out over at an IPB skinning site :)

18. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

To answer both questions, no we aren't live as yet - skin is being built and admins learning the product, not sure on the multi-quoting but it's covered in the "have you seen" forum, possibly with a video featuring the dulcet tones of one Mr Kier Darby.

19. D37

D37 Active Member

Ok thanks

20. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Everyone knew about it... it was more a matter of waiting to get our hands on it as the product runs rings around the competition.