• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How can we get a beta copy to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Well-known member
#23
I think trying to estimate when there will be a version available for purchase is pointless. Only Kier and Mike can speak to this. I'm sure they want it out sooner rather than later ;)
 

Shamil

Well-known member
#24
I think trying to estimate when there will be a version available for purchase is pointless. Only Kier and Mike can speak to this. I'm sure they want it out sooner rather than later ;)
At that same token, I think they wany a relatively pain-free release.
 

Paul M

Well-known member
#25
Still not really sure if the question got answered.

Im assuming there will be a beta - but how will it work ? will people have to buy a beta copy, or will it be free.
 

Mark.B

Well-known member
#28
I would be amazed if the beta was free.

I suspect the beta will be available to those who buy a license, Kier mentioned "early adopters" a while ago, a good guess might be, a discount for those who buy as "early adopters" because at that point the product will still be beta.

A good way of getting some early cash into the business, while not falling into the trap of "paying for something you cannot download", as other companies have done recently.
 
#32
is there any plans to start selling product during pre-final RC (or Beta) release?
or first available version will be 1.0, with following 1.1 which covers found bugs?
 

HydraulicJack

Well-known member
#33
...Be realistic...they want it done right, and that means it is done when it is done.
...realistic +1, and perhaps a little empathic as in put yourselves in their shoes barefeet... I don't think they'd get too much gratification from teasing us by unduly withholding the beta from us (maybe just a little)... prolly not more anyway than from watching what happens when people really do finally get a chance to get their hands on the download.
And I wish it were tonight. I may just park in vB 3.8.x and forget 4 (although I paid for the 4-Gold (choke) license), and wait. Dunno for sure but this morning that's how I feel. The thought of going "back" to that vB4forum as a place to hang out just doesn't appeal at all at this moment. There seems to be far more sunshine over here.

PS: I'd pay for XFbeta if it's a price I can afford.
I paid for what wound up to be beta last December for vB.
Something tells me XF won't stay in beta that long because of the way they've handled alpha.
Que sera, sera...
 

Ruven

Well-known member
#34
If they need 3 more months to get to a beta you can purchase, so be it .. I have no problem waiting, I waited years for InternetBrands to ruin vBulletin, I can wait additional months for XenForo limited to get it right and do right by us.
I think the thing that people are noticing is that so far the xF front end already seems leagues better than vB4.
Its like if vB barely recently got out of Alpha and is now in Beta... but the xF Alpha seems like a RC in comparison.
 

cedivad

Active member
#35
I would love to hear an answer from mike or kier: aproximally, when will be able to be early adopters? One week, two? I know alpha is on sale privately, but only for testing purpose, from what I understood.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.