How Can I Make a Image Like This?

If you use Firefox, there is an excellent add on called Fireshot that does a screen grab of an entire page, you can copy and then paste in Photoshop or your image handling software of choice :)
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, Kim.

If you use Firefox, there is an excellent add on called Fireshot that does a screen grab of an entire page, you can copy and then paste in Photoshop or your image handling software of choice :)
Downloaded, installed, works great. Thank you Kim!

I have one follow up question I would like to ask. This tool generates an image for the entire screen. I would like to capture the main body without including the large open spaces on the left and right of the body, as in the image in the original post.

So for this XF thread, the image should begin on the left side where the XenForo logo is at the top, and end on the right-side shortly after the logout button, instead of including the big open areas on each side. Is there a way I can do that with this tool?

best thing to do if you don't want all the horizontal spaces, is to resize your browser window before you do the capture :) That way you get a smaller footprint, I do this for Style screenshots, as not everyone wants to see a 1920xsuper long screenshot :p

Just minimize horizontally until it is showing just want you want, before you take the shot :) you will always get some background, you can't specifiy just this bit.. but you can minimize horizontal empty space using that technique :)

Thanks Kim, installed!

Ryan, can't you just crop it? Or you could use ctrl+ to expand the screen first to fill the width of the page.

I've been using SnagIt which offers (among others) pretty much the same functionality. Will give Fireshot a go, as well, though.

best thing to do if you don't want all the horizontal spaces, is to resize your browser window before you do the capture :) That way you get a smaller footprint, I do this for Style screenshots, as not everyone wants to see a 1920xsuper long screenshot :p

Just minimize horizontally until it is showing just want you want, before you take the shot :) you will always get some background, you can't specifiy just this bit.. but you can minimize horizontal empty space using that technique :)
worked perfectly! You made my day. Thank you so much Kim!

Top Bottom