1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i get this portal image viewer?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by pheyde, Jun 7, 2012.

1. pheyde

pheyde Member

i want the portal image viewer that 8wayrun.com has on the top where the images keep changing, how can i get this?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's part of the XenPorta add-on. It's called the RecentSlider block and is included in the XenPorta add-on as a default block.

pheyde likes this.
  3. pheyde

pheyde Member

oh can you please link it to me? i have xenporta but i dont know how to get recentslider, i searched it but nothing popped up, thanks

oh nvm it was in xenporta thanks

Yorick likes this.
  4. pheyde

pheyde Member

ok now i need
    ok now i need help figuring out how to use it. do i just attach slide.jpg to any post i want shown on recentslider? and where do i find slide.jpg thanks

5. Chris D

You first of all need to find an image you want shown on the slider. You then need to save it to your computer as slide.jpg.

Then, you attach it to the post using the Upload a File button. You don't need to "insert" it, just leave it attached and then it should appear in the recent slider.

pheyde likes this.
  6. principia

principia Well-Known Member

7. pheyde

pheyde Member

what does the slide.jpg have to look like? can i get an example image?

i always get this error that says the contents of the image do not match the files extension
    The following error occurred

The contents of the uploaded image do not match the file's extension.

slide.jp

8. Chris D

slide.jpg has to look like however you want it to appear in the slider.

Here's what one of 8wayrun.com's looks like:

[​IMG]

9. pheyde

pheyde Member

oh okay so i must resize it to this size in order for it to work?

10. pheyde

pheyde Member

ok i got it to start working. is there a way i can make it so it uses a different forum to put on recentslider, instead of recentnews ? i want it to use a screenshot section to put on recent slider

11. pheyde

pheyde Member

sliderprob.png

why on the left side the titles are all messed up, going out their box ? how can i fix this?