1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How amazing is this.... I registered on xenForo and I know the person in my Avatar!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grover, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

I am totally puzzled. Look what happened.... I registered on xenForo today and the default Avatar I got shows a picture of a woman. I couldn't believe my eyes, because I recognized the woman on the photo: she is somebody I know personally! :confused::cool:

[​IMG]

I see the Avatars are taking from Gravatar (?), but what a coincidence! I would almost think... this is a sign! :)

2. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Ahhh cool Gravatar support also... I am really liking this feature list now... I signed up with FB so it grabbed my FB profile pic...

KURTZ likes this.
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan Active Member

Wow, that's pretty crazy. haha

4. GodForum.com

GodForum.com Well-Known Member

Can XF invite all your friends from Facebook and import them ?

5. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

it took my gravatar, pretty awesomepants.

6. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Gotta love Gravatars :)

Ceri May likes this.
  7. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

yeah, great feature ... ;)

8. Floris

Floris Guest

If you register and your email you use is used by gravatar, it will try and get the primary image for that email from gravatar.
    And what I really like, is that if you update your primary image at gravatar.com, that after the cache is updated on their side, it shows the new gravatar automagically on xf :D No need to do anything!

AlexandrosD likes this.