Implemented  hover over topic title shows part of the first post

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
YES THIS IS AWESOME I LIKE IT maybe a admin setting for intervals os fade in and out and SHE A BEAUT!

UPDATE: Ha! I was so tired when i did this right now that i realized that I either saw a change or never noticed the main forum list has trans overlay tooltips is this something that can be done in thread list?

<--------- (-1)
:confused:
Not sure what you're trying to say here. Also, I must point out that your giant signature is quite annoying. It's almost always bigger than the post itself. I am politely asking on behalf of the community that you make the images smaller or somehow combine them so they don't take up as much vertical space. :)

was a joke the -1 to me like damn failure minus one point for me and figured it was ok since this thread is just waiting for Kier to implement whatever he was hinting at to be done

as far as the sig...I will change that when i have the chance but on my browser it looks fine as i run a 1920 width resolution and thats that ..end of story. Again if you search for the thread on signature options you might understand why i do not want to change it . To me reminders of what you have done here is annoying (your sig.. and i may like gaudy sigs.. and there is no rule against it , if i wanted to see your accomplishments i would click your member card. ) so this PROVES my point on needing signature options on user end for individual members.

was a joke the -1 to me like damn failure minus one point for me and figured it was ok since this thread is just waiting for Kier to implement whatever he was hinting at to be done

as far as the sig...I will change that when i have the chance but on my browser it looks fine as i run a 1920 width resolution and thats that ..end of story. Again if you search for the thread on signature options you might understand why i do not want to change it . To me reminders of what you have done here is annoying (your sig.. and i may like gaudy sigs.. and there is no rule against it , if i wanted to see your accomplishments i would click your member card. ) so this PROVES my point on needing signature options on user end for individual members.
Showing accomplishments isn't as bad as purposely using an annoying and gaudy sig; it makes your point hypocritical and rude.

I think there's a difference between trying to be disruptive in a community vs simply using a bigger signature that others might personally dislike.

An end-user options is NOT needed, users can already turn off signatures as a whole. And the admin might have an option to not allow images in signatures.

That said, I wouldn't mind if there's an option to show sigs, but without images in it.

:)

This is a great thread about the thread preview in which Kier gave input. Any ideas besides the ones already presented on how to preview, maybe sneak peek is better?

edit: Part of me almost wishes the area that shows the url at the bottom of my fire fox browser could show the preview (instantly) but I seriously doubt that is possible.

See heres where it is offensive... I did not make it to prove my point, i made it because im a noob learning how to use photo editing software and am proud of what I do regardless if you are...however the fact that two people call it annoying and misread what i say in order to bash me says volumes, read what you quoted before you are so quick to respond to it ... I dont want to change it to make my point , It says nothing however about making it in order to make you upset and two the main point is its my sig and I'm testing this software for how i will use it. If there's an issue with that you can pay for my license and i will use it however you want me to, until then however please get off my sig....

how it looks to me ...
mine.png

you didn't think before you posted just like myself earlier except you said what you said to start an argument , i don't like animated sigs and have no problem saying so though i did not tell anyone to remove animations or tell them i think theyre art is annoying .. but telling me to change it and then telling me i did it to piss people off in a place that i come to of my own accord is pretty narrow minded... and i dont see a difference between this and the people at vb being mad about a we love XENFORO smiley ....

see a positive conversation would have led to us discussing maybe the need for a auto re-size sig images because of the difference in screen resolutions and the res you run your browser in .. but instead you attack me with abject nothingness... yah know for a community that's based on community software and the fact that we are testing in development right now means we SHOULD be finding errors in the way things are displayed and you shouldn't be worried about what I individually am doing. Thanks by the way I appreciate your promoting my learning adventure ...

I am not one of the two that said it is annoying. I was just giving a general opinion about what was said :)

I am not one of the two that said it is annoying. I was just giving a general opinion about what was said :)
no i know it took me a while to respond to this as I had to figure out why i was responded to the way i was....had nothing to do with you floris . And I appreciate the way you took the time to formulate your thoughts into text and take no disrespect from your reply whatsoever.

no i know it took me a while to respond to this as I had to figure out why i was responded to the way i was....had nothing to do with you floris . And I appreciate the way you took the time to formulate your thoughts into text and take no disrespect from your reply whatsoever.
To me reminders of what you have done here is annoying (your sig.. and i may like gaudy sigs.. and there is no rule against it , if i wanted to see your accomplishments i would click your member card. ) so this PROVES my point on needing signature options on user end for individual members.

Way you stated this part of your post is making it sound like you purposely used an oversized (Most signatures should stay within 500x100 dimensions, because its not to big) gaudy signature that might annoy people; if that isn't the case, I'll apologize, however with that statement can you honestly say that it wouldn't seem that way to you?. 

I here yah floris back to topic , but first

I don't want to fight with anybody I've been shot in real life and don't want problems here, computers have become my solace in an otherwise effed world... bullets are for lists in http land ...
I understand how it could look to someone reading it but if you think about it, to me reading it you would be saying I made two images just to piss people off and when people read that with you two having 1300 someodd combined posts and me being relatively new here makes me look like an arse, when it was me just doing what i do and a misunderstanding that led to this non-problem really. If we all make a conscious effort to ask a question before making a statement when we have a problem we end up coming to consensus through normal conversation with minimal spikes in blood-pressure. Risking sounding cliche i'm sorry we have a difference of understanding and i'm sure that it means nothing to our ability to get along here in a public place. and over that more-so i am sorry for wearing my emotions on my sleeve

and speaking of the tooltip and my error in the forumlist display I wouldn't mind so much that transparent overlay from the forumlist to be used (or somehting similar) for the threadlist previews with a slight delay; 2 maybe three seconds. anybody else like that idea...
a question tho when Kier says we have something underway, does that mean they have a plan in execution , i'm just thinking if they have something underway suggestions until we see whats cooking are pretty pointless. Could someone explain this process to me if there is an official way it works?

I here yah floris back to topic , but first

I don't want to fight with anybody I've been shot in real life and don't want problems here, computers have become my solace in an otherwise effed world... bullets are for lists in http land ...
I understand how it could look to someone reading it but if you think about it, to me reading it you would be saying I made two images just to piss people off and when people read that with you two having 1300 someodd combined posts and me being relatively new here makes me look like an arse, when it was me just doing what i do and a misunderstanding that led to this non-problem really. If we all make a conscious effort to ask a question before making a statement when we have a problem we end up coming to consensus through normal conversation with minimal spikes in blood-pressure. Risking sounding cliche i'm sorry we have a difference of understanding and i'm sure that it means nothing to our ability to get along here in a public place. and over that more-so i am sorry for wearing my emotions on my sleeve

and speaking of the tooltip and my error in the forumlist display I wouldn't mind so much that transparent overlay from the forumlist to be used (or somehting similar) for the threadlist previews with a slight delay; 2 maybe three seconds. anybody else like that idea...
a question tho when Kier says we have something underway, does that mean they have a plan in execution , i'm just thinking if they have something underway suggestions until we see whats cooking are pretty pointless. Could someone explain this process to me if there is an official way it works?

That makes more sense how you wouldn't have realized the problem because you have a wide browser window and are using the fluid width style. I am using the fixed width style, so the images wrap below eachother instead of displaying side-by-side. The only real problem I had with your signature was the height of the two images combined and how it took up quite a bit of space in the thread. :)

Ok, NOW back on topic. :D

I noticed this software doesn't do something COMPETING FORUM SCRIPT NO LONGER OWNED BY THE DEVELOPERS OF XENFORO does, when hovering over a topic, all I get is a "go to last unread post" tooltip. In reality, I think it should have that topic excerpt thing in one of those funky tooltips like you got on the index.

Top Bottom