Hover Over Title Is Awesome

Brandon_R

You're probably reading this from an overlay in the forum or search results, if so doesn't it rock?

Just a mockup of what a thin vs think border looks like.

Thick
screen-shot-2010-08-27-at-8-54-24-am-png.1289

Thin
screen-shot-2010-08-27-at-8-53-36-am-png.1288

Need to add a few more touches like detecting that the popup is off the bottom of the screen. Flip the /\ to \/, place it at the bottom of the popup and move the popup above the link.

In the coming week, we will be moving the tooltip above the title, which I'm sure will make the popup less intrusive.

It is certainly less intrusive, this is another good improvement in the XF UI/UX (do we have Freddie to thank? :)). My gripes with the former implementation was that the appearance of the pop-up seemed too clunky/too obtrusive. The style was a bit too much 'in your face' to my likings when browsing the thread-list and this experience was exaggerated by the fact that all the following thread-titles below the current thread were covered by the pop-up, making browsing (which you do from top to bottom... uhm stating the obvious ;)) the list less comfortable. Moving it to the top of the threadtitle completely solves the latter now.

And... it is just me or does the tooltip also seems to appear a little faster now?

Yeah I noticed it seems a little faster/smoother.

If this is indeed the case, then this also solves yet another issue I had with it... the rather slow speed (on my system at least) it appeared. This combined with the 'strong' very visible design and the covering up of the thread titles below it didn't make it very convenient. Great improvements.

I also decreased the amount of shadow to make the tooltip appear closer to the page, for what it's worth.

for the member-setcard, I think it would be better readable if just the border would be transparent (not having the full bg-image being transparent).
Similar as you already have at this tooltip.

I also decreased the amount of shadow to make the tooltip appear closer to the page, for what it's worth.

Aha, well... it appears that this has also a positive effect on the 'obtrusiveness' somehow. Maybe your sanity gets challenged sometimes ;) by our constant passionate feedback about UI/UX elements, but I tell you :)... the fact that you guys are open for our (potential customers) suggestions, listening to it and even interacting with us about it and them come up with additional improvements even... makes this whole XF package a fantastic (I just adore the UI/UX on it) product in the end. Dankjewel :cool:. (Dutch for 'Danke schön', which is German for... ).

Top Bottom