1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Hover Effects Not Working; Server Issues?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by taylor_smith, Oct 14, 2011.

1. taylor_smith

taylor_smith Well-Known Member

I recently performed a fresh install here: xenforo.stratics.com. However, my hover effects are not working. Judging by the existing posts asking for instructions on how to disable these effects, I'm assuming that they are enabled out-of-the-box.

I imagine that the problem is on my side somehow. Anyone have any idea what I might check? If it matters, we do have CloudFlare enabled on this server.

P.S. I just noticed that usernames on the index page aren't links/aren't clickable. No idea why. :<

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Did you finish the import? It needs to rebuild forum, thread, and user info at the end. You can do this manually in the rebuild caches section as well.

But what hover effects are we talking about? I see tooltips and popups.

4. Brogan

I'm also getting random non permission errors on clicking the same links.

5. taylor_smith

I'm getting lots of permission errors, too.

The missing post is a result of pulling the users over a week or so before pulling the posts over. There was a problem with the vB importer, but Mike fixed it for us.

6. Brogan

You can't do an incremental import like that.
    It needs to be done all at once from the same database.

I would recommend doing the import again into a clean XenForo installation.

7. taylor_smith

Unfortunately, we can't until the vB import fix goes live in the next update.

The good news is that the sole purpose of this forum is creating themes, testing addons, and so forth in anticipation of eventually moving the live community to XF.

8. taylor_smith

Trying to rebuild caches now, but the post cache alone is going to take approximately 19 hours to rebuild at the current pace. :<

9. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Do you mean for example when you hover over a thread and the page number navigation appears?

This has stopped working for me on my home computer (Lion, Firefox) for all XF sites I tried (including here), but it works fine on my work PC (Win7, Firefox 7). Looks like it's some kind of browser issue.

10. taylor_smith

I mean the thread preview, for example, when hovering over a thread link.

11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Rebuilding threads should bring that back, IIRC.

12. taylor_smith

kk, cool. Currently at 211,700 posts rebuilt in the last 3.5 hours. Still 2,194,887 posts to go. :(

13. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

With the move to 1.1 none of them are working on here for me with:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.