1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Hourly Cleanup Cron Broken

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by RSI, Jun 6, 2016.

  1. RSI

    RSI Active Member

    I don’t know if anyone has reported this, but something broke with the built-in Hourly Cleanup Cron when v.1.5.8 was released. It was working fine with v1.5.7 until I used the v1.5.8 upgrade package.

    I even deleted the cron and reloaded the package again and rebuilt the master data and it still doesn't work. The cron tries to run, but nothing happens and the server just times out. Before the cron would run and complete in seconds. The Daily Cleanup cron still works though.

    I have not changed anything else, all I did was upgrade to v1.5.8 from v1.5.7 and that was it.

  2. Tracy Perry

    Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

    Have you disabled your add-ons to see if it runs with them disabled?
  3. RSI

    RSI Active Member

    Yes that too. All I did was upgrade from v.1.5.7 to v1.5.8 and never changed or added anything else.
  4. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    I don't believe we changed anything involved with this cron, so it's likely something else causing the problem. I also can't reproduce the issue.

    First step would be disabling all add-ons to see if that changes the behavior. It's very possible add-ons are injecting behaviors into this. If that doesn't resolve it, it might require individual debugging to find which step is causing problems.
  5. RSI

    RSI Active Member

    Ok, I finally got back to working on this and what I did was uncheck ALL of my add-ons to disable them then went back and re-enabled a few at a time until all of them were enabled again and the problem went away.

    That's really strange, it wasn't one of my add-ons, but it was. The v1.5.8 upgrade must be upgrading a line somewhere to where it’s placing it out of order or something because of one of the add-ons and disabling it and then re-enabling it solves the issue, but I had to disable all of them first to fix it. I had originally only done the newest ones and even those had been there for a long while.
  6. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    Hard to say exactly what might have caused it. It might have been a combination of things, including it failing to run for a while meaning there was a larger than usual backlog of work. If it happens again, we may need to debug it in place.

Share This Page