Hosting solution advice

Cole_H

We have been running a forum for several years soapchat.net and seem to have some downtime issues due to maxing out current capacity.

We have been advised solutions from shared hosting to a managed VPS.

I hope the attached shot of our data helps with any advice.

Budget is an issue as we don't make any revenue. We are looking at a max budget of $30.00 a month, that is quite low for a decent managed VPS solution.

Nimbus have been our host and are excellent. Highly recommend them. But to upgrade with them we go past our budget.

Cheers.

20200727_113659.webp

mddhosting has bent over backwards to provide excellent support. We've been VERY happy with them. They literally answer support tickets in 5 minutes, any time I have had problems. They had an outage a few years ago, and were up front and honest about what happened. I respect that.

If it's not a mega board, you don't necessarily need a dedicated VPS. Shared hosting will work just as reliably, IMO. (and most inexpensive VPS accounts are just virtual sessions sharing on one machine, anyways)

In any case, check them out. This isn't an ad and im not including my referral ID, i'm just a happy customer of theirs. We have a reseller account with them, and I have multiple forums on this account. (which is on one of their shared servers) My largest forum is a Xenforo, with over a million posts, and it runs well.

Rhody

I would recommend @MattW . His shared hosting has been better for me than previous VPS. Very fast and secure.

I would recommend @MattW . His shared hosting has been better for me than previous VPS. Very fast and secure.

Thank you. I did read about Matt previously, perhaps I should contact him to see what solution could work for us.

Top Bottom