Hosting company(ies) to host XF for US members

emmy

Hello,

I have searched here and found out that majority of people have recommended Nimbushosting, but this is located in UK. I will need an advise for US users - the best among them. I am currently hosting with Hostgator and when i did a test - it is loading in 6secs approx which i believe it is slow for starting forum. Also, i know i could change from shared servers when the traffic increases. Someone recommended Nginx and i do see this is too expensive for someone like me - just starting.

Any advise or recommendation will be great

Thank you

Or if you have some spare time, learn to use centminmod.com :)
Been using it for almost 1 year already.

Or if you have some spare time, learn to use centminmod.com :)
Been using it for almost 1 year already.

Thanks Roldan - That site you provided is another home work for me:) I don't even know how to search what i need..lol

It's not ready yet, but I'm going to be moving Xenique over to it to test out the service later this week.
Okay..please keep me posted. What do you think about Cloudflare vs Cloudfront vs MaxCDN

Last edited:
Okay..please keep me posted. What do you think about Cloudflare?
Depends on what you're using it for.

I had quite a few issues with the service and moved away from it, though I still use it on a few sites that are mostly used for Google Apps.

Depends on what you're using it for.

I had quite a few issues with the service and moved away from it, though I still use it on a few sites that are mostly used for Google Apps.
Okay..please keep me posted. What do you think about Cloudflare vs Cloudfront vs MaxCDN

I'm using CentMinMod and it helps a lot! (y)
Nginx 1.7.1 + SPDY 3.1 / PHP 5.5.13 + ZenD OpCache / MariaDB 10.0.11 / Memcached

Are you saying you want a USA Host? Is there a specific reason for this? I am currently using EuroVPS and absolutely love the service they provide.

Thanks - Your site is fast compared to 6secs - but what do you mean you're only using cloudflare to host just DNS - Do you have two hosting companies for your site?
My domain dns is hosted on Cloudflare and my forum Files/Database are hosted on a dedicated server @SoYouStart :)

I am in US and do not really want my server location to be far?
I believe i had this discussion before on WHT and i don't think it makes much of a difference if the server is in USA or Europe. Initially i wanted a USA server since most of my traffic was coming from there but me being on a Euro server now i don't think it makes much of a difference..

Top Bottom