1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Host-Hunters

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Devilwillcry4you, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Devilwillcry4you

Devilwillcry4you Active Member

Good day to all, I hope you have a great day. When you get the time stop into www.host-hunters.com and check out all the great discussions we have on the forum. If you are looking for a host or looking to advertise your hosting service, Host-Hunters is perfect for you.

Would like to get opinions on the theme as well, this is one that I made.

2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I'm not too big on the colors, dnt like the blue and orange or maybe that's just me.

Devilwillcry4you likes this.
  3. Devilwillcry4you

That's understandable though, for me the hardest thing is trying to make a theme that everyone would enjoy.
    Thank you though very much on the feedback.

4. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I like to use nuetral colors; I.e. shades of white and gray. And I will usually use one main color.

I use these a lot. #e6e6e6 & #f2f2f2. There really nice with gradients to make them stand out.

Devilwillcry4you likes this.
  5. Devilwillcry4you

Thank you for tips, will look into them while constructing the next theme.

6. Devilwillcry4you

Just wanted to post and update that we have changed themes, and wanting some feedback.

7. Devilwillcry4you

It's been a little since you last heard from us, so we thought we would stop in and say hello. We just had a great contest where the winner won an unbranded Blesta license. We have more contests in the planning stages and one coming up very soon. We offer free advertising and free directory listing to everyone, no minimum posts required. When you get some free time and want to advertise your hosting or you are in need for a host, stop in look around see what we have to offer. If you have some spare time join in on some of our discussion.

Have a great night
    Host-Hunters

8. farmglitch

farmglitch Active Member

I'm not sure I like the colors. If I were looking for a hosting company it might scare me off. Idk it just looks a little to colorful. It seems fine but fir some reason it scared me off and I am currently searching for a hosting company so I took a serious look at it.

9. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You really need to switch on responsive design as it's not nice to use on a tablet or phone.

Screenshot_2014-08-05-07-53-22.png

Screenshot_2014-08-05-07-54-47.png

10. Devilwillcry4you

Thank you both for taking the time to let me know.

11. Devilwillcry4you

This kick started me into getting the new theme up and down and it is responsive now. (y)

12. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You've got a bit more tweaking to do.

Firstly, ads aren't responsive.

Screenshot_2014-08-13-08-30-08.png

See this resource for support:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/responsive-adsense.2084/

You may want to look at adjusting the last message column, it'd look better with the date on only line below the user avatar.

It looks like you don't have friendly URLs switched on, I'd suggest you do as they look nicer.

Very importantly, http://www.host-hunters.com and
    http://host-hunters.com are effectively two separate sites. You need to enable non-www to www redirection (or vice versa).

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/

Ingenious likes this.
  13. Devilwillcry4you

I have added the the redirect all traffic, the ads aren't google ads they are direct sale ads that I added in myself, so not sure if brogan responsive ads would work. Also I am trying to figure out how to adjust the last message column. Thank you again for all the feed back.

14. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

The principle is the same though the coding would be different. If you are selling ads directly then you'd have to explain the different sizes at different screen widths and have 3 sizes provided by the companies who are buying the ad space.

15. Chojo

Chojo Active Member

The first image I had in my head when I've see your site was Kaspersky. Had to share, sorry.