Horrible Tornado Season in USA

Peggy is there a practical way for you to get to a safer zone? Or is the weather making that impossible?
I have nowhere to go dear.

I have a basement and the necessities. My son and I have run through our drill. I have all the necessary items close at hand.
We'll be ok.

I hope. :rolleyes:

I have nowhere to go dear.

I have a basement and the necessities. My son and I have run through our drill. I have all the necessary items close at hand.
We'll be ok.

I hope. :rolleyes:
Well if you're not, you'll always be remembered for your spanky smiley.

I'm back. Had to log off for a while as things got a little scary. Had golfball size hail for about 10 minutes. I sure am glad I have a garage! My neighbors windshield is shattered.

I'm back. Had to log off for a while as things got a little scary. Had golfball size hail for about 10 minutes. I sure am glad I have a garage! My neighbors windshield is shattered.

Glad to hear your ok. Sorry about the neighbors windshield. You are going to have to check your roof for damage. Hail large enough to shatter a windshield can damage a lot more than that.

Yeah I called my landlord, and he'll be over tomorrow. We have more bad weather coming tomorrow and tomorrow night, so he wants to make sure there are no damaged shingles or leaks.

I'm just glad we didn't have the baseball sized hail that they got north of us. :eek:

Thanks for your concern. :)

Nice map Rudy. Looks like it'll all be passing to the north of me, hitting Cleveland and out over the lake.
Some of the purple in the radar was over Lk. Erie, and there was a tornado symbol in the middle of it. You can't tell these days if the NWS says "tornado warning," if they mean one was spotted, or that conditions are perfect for tornadoes to form.

They've extended my tornado warning to 9:30 pm as more storms are developing to my southwest and moving northeast.

wonderful...

I saw that. There is a nasty line of stuff out to the west of us (was on the Illinois border when I went to get dinner), which will hit us both overnight from the looks of it.

This house is 71 years old, so at least it has some heft to it.

A few pictures I took around 3:30pm in Lima, Ohio. Tornado sirens were goin off for more than 1/2hr. I never have seen so many clouds going so many directions at once, quite a site really. A tornado was never confirmed to touch down but the wind/lightning/rain was pretty intense.

Back south closer to my house, Xenia Ohio area got hit with very large hail, 3" (baseball) sized. Same town that was hit by an F5 tornado in 1974.

Taken with my iPhone4 so not the best.

3467f111.jpg

ba5daaf0.jpg

I saw that. There is a nasty line of stuff out to the west of us (was on the Illinois border when I went to get dinner), which will hit us both overnight from the looks of it.

This house is 71 years old, so at least it has some heft to it.

See? This is a major reason why I hate spring/summer. Give me winter and snow over this crap ANY day.

I was having this conversation with a local here the other day....we always complain like this season when snow banks were so tall you couldn't see cars driving by or hear them really either.

Every year we have to move ridiculous amounts of snow and have everything be dual purposed for use in 100+ weather and below freezing weather (homes, winterizing summer vehicles, etc)...what we both came to in the conversation that we believe the same amount of energy is being released in our weather systems except that in your neck of the woods nature is releasing all that energy at once for some reason or another. Yeah we complain but trust me what we have is nothing compared to you guys in the way of weather. I will complain next year as well about the snow...but trust me I will be thinking of all of you while I am shoveling.

Those clouds look angry.

Yeah when I looked at the top one especially and really comprehend what my eyes were looking at I could see that it just does not look right. The clouds are lit enough near the camera but as you look off the distance like right above the buildings you can see clearly how the weather can blot out the sky so to speak. Thanks for these pictures, but stay safely inside please...I don't need to see a picture that bad :-)

Yeah when I looked at the top one especially and really comprehend what my eyes were looking at I could see that it just does not look right. The clouds are lit enough near the camera but as you look off the distance like right above the buildings you can see clearly how the weather can blot out the sky so to speak. Thanks for these pictures, but stay safely inside please...I don't need to see a picture that bad :)

In that top pic, to the right, you could see there was definitely the potential for a tornado.

It was pretty scary around here last night, woke up about 3 am to hail beating on my window, and I thought "crap, here we go again".
They're predicting more of the same again today.

Top Bottom