Horrible Tornado Season in USA

LOL I think he meant walkman or the times equivalent :)

I have touched a walkman but never had one. :)

When I was young all the WW2 and WW1 vets told me time would start flying fast when I got older and the world will seem to change very fast. They where right.

I took dogs and a flashlight into the shelter.

yeap, walkman was popular when I was but a lad. The 80's and 90's were sure great :)
They sure were, walkmans (damn do you remember your first discman ? LOL) then the water proof ones, odd patterns and colors in clothes and even crazier hair..three lines shaved into the side of your head lol..TMNT ..yeah the 90's we're great :)

I have touched a walkman but never had one. :)

When I was young all the WW2 and WW1 vets told me time would start flying fast when I got older and the world will seem to change very fast. They where right.

I took dogs and a flashlight into the shelter.
Whats funny is if you we're to say the same to some kids to day it would be equally true, we are still catching up as humans to the tech which we have made readily available. It is crazy when you step back and look at it.

As far as the dogs and flashlights...am I right to assume your also somewhere in T alley?

Y'all should for sure get on like a skype party chat or something so you can keep an eye out for each other.

The 80's were great? The 70's were great, the 90's ok. The 80's was decade that left many scratching their heads wondering "what the... hell?"
Of course I am an 80's baby...that would be why I was born and grew into a man that constantly has to scratch his head and ask that very question. :) The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess. LOL

The seventies could have been perfect if they had hand sanitizer...or so I am told :)

Of course I am an 80's baby...that would be why I was born and grew into a man that constantly has to scratch his head and ask that very question. :) The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess. LOL

The seventies could have been perfect if they had hand sanitizer...or so I am told :)

I think hand sanitizer may actually be a problem. It seems people get sicker do to lower contact with some things.

They've extended my tornado warning to 9:30 pm as more storms are developing to my southwest and moving northeast.

wonderful...

I think hand sanitizer may actually be a problem. It seems people get sicker do to lower contact with some things.
That is so true...I was just making a joke as my mother once told me the 70's we're a VERY dirty time but yeah stands to reason you need the contact to build anti bodies and immunities in general. +1 for you :-)

So back to my earlier question...are you in fact in the area of tornado watches and warnings? I don't know if I remember reading it.

That is so true...I was just making a joke as my mother once told me the 70's we're a VERY dirty time but yeah stands to reason you need the contact to build anti bodies and immunities in general. +1 for you :)

So back to my earlier question...are you in fact in the area of tornado watches and warnings? I don't know if I remember reading it.

Not right now. The weather system that hit this area I think is now hitting the Ohio valley, and the Great Lakes area. I kind of think this area could be an early warning system for what the people north east of us can expect.

If the 70's was dirty the 60's where dirtier yet. There where still outhouses in Oklahoma in the 60's.

The 80's were great? The 70's were great, the 90's ok. The 80's was decade that left many scratching their heads wondering "what the... hell?"
Well, since you're probably almost twice my age, you would know better than me. However, some the greatest movies and music, IMO, came from the 80's. However, that is subject to one's opinion. I was born in the 80's and look me...I'm friggin' awesome :p

Oh dear Peggy I know you are there and I wish you were not...you're far too chipper to be in a place with all of that crapness going on...please batten down the hatches Miss.

(I got ninja'd) I was actually asking JonSidney because of his line "I took dogs and a flashlight into the shelter." which made my brain say "hey wait your there too?"

Well, since you're probably almost twice my age, you would know better than me. However, some the greatest movies and music, IMO, came from the 80's. However, that is subject to one's opinion. I was born in the 80's and look me...I'm friggin' awesome :p
80's Babies represent y'all :-)

I had to, I am so sorry and I will stop

(I got ninja'd) I was actually asking JonSidney because of his line "I took dogs and a flashlight into the shelter." which made my brain say "hey wait your there too?"

I was referring to to what I took into a shelter when I was young. No point taking a book, it would be too dark. We used a root cellar with no power in it and incan flashlights and batteries of the day didn't have much runtime.

Not right now. The weather system that hit this area I think is now hitting the Ohio valley, and the Great Lakes area. I kind of think this area could be an early warning system for what the people north east of us can expect.

If the 70's was dirty the 60's where dirtier yet. There where still outhouses in Oklahoma in the 60's.

To be clear I liked your post because you are not in the area...not because Oklahoma had outhouses in the 60's

I was referring to to what I took into a shelter when I was young. No point taking a book, it would be too dark. We used a root cellar with no power in it and incan flashlights and batteries of the day didn't have much runtime.
You are a trooper sir. <salutes>

I am guessing I am more than twice your age too. :)

I am one of the forum old guys.

Top Bottom