Hoopsmate - Australian Basketball Forum

JMEWLS

$_20.JPG

HOOPSMATE

Australian Basketball Forum​

I just thought I'd post it up, any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've only got this site live yesterday. I've had some trouble with my last forum and this ones staying up for good, trying to pick up a smaller target and really run with it.

http://hoopsmate.com

Style is looking good. However you'll need to tweak the responsive design at narrower widths as it is left aligned. Also notice the search icon looks out of position in the first screenshot and overlaying Recent Posts in the second. Both screenshots taken on a 7" tablet in portrait.

Screenshot_2014-08-05-07-40-06.webp

Screenshot_2014-08-05-07-40-20.webp

Also you need to sort out the appearance of forums at narrower widths. This screenshot was taken on a 7" tablet in landscape.

Screenshot_2014-08-05-07-41-32.webp

nice site! Good luck with it all!

Move the 'forums' before the about us in your nav bar. Click activity is usually from left to right on the nav bar. You need a favicon. Need more NBL content on there, seems to be mostly nba stuff. NBL forum is buried deep behind nba forum etc...if you want to be the top NBL forum you need to change the structure and make that the pinnacle.

Go the Breakers! 3Peat baby!

@tajhay
Yeah, we're looking at more NBL content, but the thing is that it's hard to find some guys who are willing to post NBL threads because the league really has lost a lot of it's fanbase over the past few years... I'm sure I'll find some soon though.

I'll more those links as said.

@Martok
I've been playing around with the responsive design, I've fixed the margins on the display. Can you confirm with me? I tried on a tablet but it isn't a 6". :(

Sorted now on a 7" tablet. :)

There's a very small amount of horizontal scrolling when viewing the site on a phone (I'm using an Sony Android one) in both portrait and landscape views. If you can tweak this to get it sorted then you'll be done.

Sorted now on a 7" tablet. :)

There's a very small amount of horizontal scrolling when viewing the site on a phone (I'm using an Sony Android one) in both portrait and landscape views. If you can tweak this to get it sorted then you'll be done.
What did you mean by this? It should be at 100% width when it's under 700px wide. I'm sure mobiles are smaller, could be wrong though.

What did you mean by this? It should be at 100% width when it's under 700px wide. I'm sure mobiles are smaller, could be wrong though.
I'm getting this in portrait

Screenshot_2014-08-06-08-12-13.webp

Looks fine but then I can scroll horizontally slightly.

Screenshot_2014-08-06-08-12-20.webp

Landscape is actually fine if the phone is in landscape when the site is loaded. If in portrait first and then turned to landscape there's the same horizontal scrolling.

I think you just need to sort out the portrait view on phones.

I really like the style of this forum. Having some visual clues to the niche is something I bang on about a lot because stock forums just don't look unique enough these days - even with 3rd party styles (because every forum with that theme also looks the same!). Here you've got some great basketball visuals/icons without it going over the top. I also like the bold font for the thread titles on the what's new page.

The only things I would change: Increase the post content font size, it's a little small. Also, the postbit/avatar area is a bit bloated with stats, so this pads short posts out with lots of white space. I'd either ditch the stats there, or hide them (I liked the CSS which made these stats hide then appear on roll over which was posted up here some time ago).

Good job though, it looks great. You've also proved you don't need rounded corners to make a forum look nice LOL.

Top Bottom