1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HoopsActive - NBA NCAA Basketball Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by HoopsActive, Nov 20, 2013.

1. HoopsActive

HoopsActive New Member

Hello guys, here's my first post on the forum. I'm here to post my hoops basketball forum. Please give me as much feedback as possible I'd love to hear what people have to say. We have only just officially opened today though I installed the forum 5 days ago.

Feel free to join also as we would love to have more users aboard. If you have any question or feedback please post it in here!

Thanks a lot guys :)
  2. HoopsActive

HoopsActive New Member

Dam nothing? lol
  3. oman

oman Well-Known Member

HoopsActive likes this.
  4. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Overall, I like the colours you've used on the forums. The prefixes are done well, and the site is quite easy to navigate.

I think you should work on making the style more responsive.

Otherwise, good job. (y)
  5. HoopsActive

HoopsActive New Member

Thankyou, we've just added xenporta and a few more nifty features. Fire away. :)
  6. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Your site looks great! I love how you've setup your thread prefixes for particular teams.

I do have a few questions though. Feel free to let me know if these are more suitable to chat about via PM:
    • How did you setup those images with links to threads underneath "NBA, NCAA & BASKETBALL FORUMS"?
    • I'd love to chat with you a bit about your postbit setup. I've had a similar concept in mind for quite awhile, and you've nailed almost exactly what I've wanted!
  7. HoopsActive

HoopsActive New Member

Which links where you talking about?

The postbits pretty easy to set up if you've got some basic CSS/html knowledge.
  8. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

The images don't show up for me right now for some odd reason, but here's a screenshot (excuse my terrible arrow lol):

I'd love to chat via PM if that's cool about the postbit area!
  9. HoopsActive

HoopsActive New Member

Ended up taking advantage of the xenporta framework and added a new style for the NBA forum. It's the start of a few more styles I'll be rolling out around the website. Would love to hear some feedback.

10. caliman

caliman Active Member

I think you did a great job. I particularly like the scoreboard look of the user stats under their avatars in thread view. Very nice work.
  11. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Well-Known Member

12. HoopsActive

HoopsActive New Member

Thanks for the feedback.
    Thanks, I'm in the midst of actually making separate designs per major forums using the prefixes. The NBA Basketball Forum has a menu on the right that allows you to navigate through the prefixes per team.

Thanks again.
  13. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Really good job with the customisations! Site is looking fantastic! Well done.
    HoopsActive likes this.
  14. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Well-Known Member

Yes that looks very nice. I think your forum is very well setup. I think you'll do well.
    HoopsActive likes this.
  15. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

Damn... Your site looks good!
  16. HoopsActive

HoopsActive New Member

Thanks man :)
  17. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

18. HoopsActive

HoopsActive New Member

19. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

@HoopsActive can you change the colour of the copyright text so it is visible please?