Honest opinion needed: IPB vs XenForo.

What would you call the Resource Manager?
What would you call LiquidSearch (search add-on optimised for big boards)?

Is the Resource Manager released for use?

And I stand correct on the LiquidSearch then, I had no clue it was even available.

Well have a look at this maybe it will help Compare
I'm not sure the comparison helps much.
The criteria seem outdated and slanted towards forum bloat.

I might add another feature:

Bloated ? [x] IPB, [ ] XF.

I filtered the differences ...
IPB.vs.XF.comparison.Sept.2012.webp

:)

You can't go wrong with either of them, but if you're looking for something that is more than just a forum then go for IPB. If you just want a forum then go XenForo.

I am switching from Xenforo to IPB. I don't see that IPB is any slower, but it looks better to me and it seems to have better future.
The New Year is sure to answer your question.
But at this stage, I understand where you are coming from, but on Nov 24, 2012, I dont agree with you.

Honestly....IPB sucks. lol. Personally I think VB is still better than IPB, and Xenforo better than VB (which puts me at a cross roads since they forced us back to VB).

I think VB3 is my favourite, but it's dated and old now

If I were to choose a forum software now a days, it'd be XF, followed by IPB, then Burning board 4 (when it's out)

I wouldn't touch VB4 or 5

I'm launching a community site in a few days with XF and am going to wait till the trial is over before deciding on whether to stick with it or not.

Honestly....IPB sucks. lol. Personally I think VB is still better than IPB, and Xenforo better than VB (which puts me at a cross roads since they forced us back to VB).
It does not suck now. It is much better with the recent versions than it used to be.

I agree with Jacko, IPB has made decent progress in listening to it's customers lately and pushing ahead with good, quality releases

I guess that's because they realise Vbulletin is a mess and is just sinking with each release and with XF being heavily burdened with the lawsuit, they are the primary leader in forum software right now, in my opinion.

I haven't tried IPB recently and have been meaning to install the latest version since hearing some good progress being made on it. Once I get some spare time I'll do a test conversion see how it goes.

What's your source for this info?
My own opinion based upon personal experience and the continued shared experience of everyone I personally have talked to using IPB in the past and current events. This also includes a support inquiry (made by 3rd party) with a reputable search engine provider in regards to their search algorithm updates.

Well i had IPB running and switched over to bb3 (waiting for wbb4). All i can say is, that IPB becomes slow. Lots of my users where asking whats wrong because the forum is so slow. With wbb3 now i have no probs at all.

If you guys talking about xenforo is slow, then dont forget its not been developed for a year?!
If that Lawsuit is over and xenforo goes on you can be sure it will be fast.. faster... the fastest?!?

Well i had IPB running and switched over to bb3 (waiting for wbb4). All i can say is, that IPB becomes slow. Lots of my users where asking whats wrong because the forum is so slow. With wbb3 now i have no probs at all.

If you guys talking about xenforo is slow, then dont forget its not been developed for a year?!
If that Lawsuit is over and xenforo goes on you can be sure it will be fast.. faster... the fastest?!?

Where in this thread has anyone said XenForo is slow? o_O:rolleyes: Answer: No where.

XenForo is lightning fast and the last updates was only a few months ago, not years ago. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom