Holy Cow

ITGuy

I love this so much. Too bad I just wasted my money on vBulletin... :cry:

Will this have a CMS so I can manage articles?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/random-questions-answered.114/#post-43558
Q: Why can't you say something more concrete about a XenForo CMS?

A: At the risk of simply stating what has been said before, consider our situation.

Right now, we have our base product at its alpha stage. We have made no sales so far, and have no accurate means of estimating what our sales will look like. I could tell you that a CMS is coming within a year of the forum going gold, but it would be a meaningless statement.

There are simply too many variables. For example, if we sell hundreds of licenses every day as soon as sales begin, we will be looking to hire staff in a hurry to deal with demand, and we could see a significantly larger development team at work and a CMS being worked on very soon. On the other hand, if sales are slow we will not be in a position to expand, and if they are very slow we may not even be in a position to continue development. (I'm confident we won't be in that position though.)

I'm also reluctant to say 'of course we will produce a CMS' because as we have discussed previously, one person's idea of a CMS can differ wildly from another person's requirements. It will requireextremely careful consultation with existing customers to establish exactly what we should build before we can even say if producing such a product falls within our circle of expertise.

I'm sorry if you find this frustrating, but our determination is to produce a highly polished forum product before we start to work on anything else. That may well mean that some people will not be able to adopt XenForo right away, and that's something we have to accept. We would rather have one great product than a handful of mediocre products.

Our sympathies! Sorry, they prolly won't refund your purchase... I heard a rumor that they need the $$ for legal expenses... :rolleyes:

I will just continue to use vBulletin for now, but as soon as I get some more money I will transfer my site to XenForo. It's so fast and the interface is amazing compared to vBulletin. This is really cool, too bad I just found it.

Well I'm not sure how new this forum is but I'm going to keep watching it for a while and see what happens. I like it more every time I use it. The Admin control is a little confusing because I'm use to a different one, but I think I will figure it out sooner or later. I might have to keep making demos to learn it before I buy it.

1 going on 15...I mean it only makes sense when xF > vB(that 10+ year old product)

I was wondering how this forum got so good so fast. I was using this and wondering why I haven't heard of it before because it seems so complete.

How come on vB forum they talk too much crap about this XenForo? Probably they don't like the fact that you made a better forum in a year.

I will just continue to use vBulletin for now, but as soon as I get some more money I will transfer my site to XenForo. It's so fast and the interface is amazing compared to vBulletin. This is really cool, too bad I just found it.
You can sell it on websites; just not here, tho. There's a policy against sales here.

But there are other sites you can go to and place an auction for your license! :)

I don't care this interface is so cool. It looks professional. I want to use it on my website. Can't wait until I get some money.

You can sell it on websites; just not here, tho. There's a policy against sales here.

But there are other sites you can go to and place an auction for your license! :)
Unfortunately the price of vb licenses has dropped drastically. Many people want to sell theirs.

I think that the price will keep going down in time as more people want to leave vbulletin.
Which is why you need to sell it NOW. Because by the time that everyone's left. That market is dead, too.

It doesn't always work, but you can try and win a refund. I did.

Top Bottom