Highlight Threads made by Premium members?

Quiver

Basically, what I'd like to do is highlight threads made by premium members, so they stand out better in the list of threads in a forum. I only want this feature enabled in certain forums, though. Any ideas how I can implement something like this?

You could do this with conditionals and a CSS class.

Create a new CSS class in EXTRA.css, e.g.:

Code:
.premiumMember
{
	background-color: yellow;
}

Then edit thread_list_item template.

It has a line that looks like:

Code:
<li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state}{xen:if '!{$thread.discussion_open}', ' locked'}{xen:if {$thread.sticky}, ' sticky'}{xen:if {$thread.isNew}, ' unread'}{xen:if {$thread.prefix_id}, ' prefix{$thread.prefix_id}'}{xen:if {$thread.isIgnored}, ' ignored'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">

Add something like this in red:

Rich (BB code):
<li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state}{xen:if '!{$thread.discussion_open}', ' locked'}{xen:if {$thread.sticky}, ' sticky'}{xen:if {$thread.isNew}, ' unread'}{xen:if {$thread.prefix_id}, ' prefix{$thread.prefix_id}'}{xen:if {$thread.isIgnored}, ' ignored'}{xen:if '{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 999} AND {$thread.node_id} == 9999', ' premiumMember'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">

So that code checks if visitor is a member of group 999 (replace this with your premium usergroup ID) and then checks if the thread is in the node with an ID of 9999 (replace this with the desired node ID) and if those two checks are true it adds the class "premiumMember".

So, with the example as it is above, the thread list item will be highlighted in yellow, like this:

3CUrYFg.png

This doesn't appear to work.
What I need it to do is change the premium member's thread colour so it's visible in that new highlighted colour by everyone.
I applied the code you gave above but, sadly, it had no effect. :(

I'm sorry, I did make a mistake.

This bit of code:
{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 999}

Should be:
{xen:helper ismemberof, $thread, 999}

Previously the colour was only changing if the current visitor was a member of that group. Now it's checking to see if the thread author is a member of that group.

Can you copy and paste here the contents of your thread_list_item template.

And the code you have added to EXTRA.css.

It works fine for me.

EXTRA.CSS

Code:
.premiumMember
{
}

THREAD_LIST_ITEM

Code:
<xen:require css="discussion_list.css" />

<xen:if is="{$thread.isDeleted}"><xen:include template="thread_list_item_deleted" /><xen:else />

<li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state}{xen:if '!{$thread.discussion_open}', ' locked'}{xen:if {$thread.sticky}, ' sticky'}{xen:if {$thread.isNew}, ' unread'}{xen:if {$thread.prefix_id}, ' prefix{$thread.prefix_id}'}{xen:if {$thread.isIgnored}, ' ignored'}{xen:if '{xen:helper ismemberof, $thread, 9} AND {$thread.node_id} == 18', ' premiumMember'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">

<div class="listBlock posterAvatar">
        <span class="avatarContainer">
            <xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" img="true" />
            <xen:if is="{$thread.user_post_count}"><xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="s" img="true" class="miniMe" title="{xen:phrase you_have_posted_x_messages_in_this_thread, 'count={xen:number $thread.user_post_count}'}" /></xen:if>
        </span>
    </div>

My premium member usergroup is 9, and the forum I'm testing is node ID 18.
Check here: http://www.twistedpromotion.com/forums/website-monetization.18/

Ah ok.

It is working, look:

uksQQ8C.png

See how it has added the "premiumMember" class?

The problem is, the background colour isn't overriding the existing background colour.

Change the EXTRA.css code to:

Code:
.discussionListItems .premiumMember
{
}

You may also want to add the following to EXTRA.css:

Code:
.discussionListItems .discussionListItem.premiumMember .posterAvatar,
.discussionListItems .discussionListItem.premiumMember .stats
{
}

Does anyone know how to make .discussionlistitem .stats continue or use the same css as .discusionlistitem .premium? Please check the picture. I would like to use a box shadow for the thread, but when I use the same code fot the stats it has the box shadow on the sides. I want it to just be on the top and bottom so it just looks like a continuation of the discussionlistitem style, i.e one highlight, instead of 2.

So Ideally the highlight, would be on continuous highlight, instead of breaking up when it gets to the stats area.

Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 6.13.07 PM.webp

Top Bottom