1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Highlight all threads from this forum in What's New?

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by CyclingTribe, May 22, 2013.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I'd like to suggest an ACP option for creating / editing individual forums:

[ ] - Highlight all threads from this forum in What's New?

The result would look something like this:

whats-new-highlight.png

You could use this for your important forums, such as announcements or site news, and have the unread important threads floated to the top - as per the attachment.

With border and/or background styling to visually highlight them, this will make such threads more visible to our members who regularly use XF by clicking "What's New?" and rarely visit the forums home page.

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

Morgain likes this.
  2. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

If this were implemented, I would much rather this be a user selectable item, rather than and all or nothing from the ACP. It should also be left to the Admin if the feature is turned on or off in their forum.

Softlineck and Morgain like this.
  3. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I've reworded my OP - I intend this to be an Admin-only option when editing / creating individual forums in the node tree.

Of course setting too many of your forums to "highlight" would ruin the effect, but if you have a Site News or Announcements forum that are low use, but important for your members to notice / view - then this would help to get the message across, especially to those people who habitually click What's New and rarely/never bother looking at the forums home page. (y)

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be that important threads (a new HYS, for example) can have a forum-wide alert.
    This would be an admin or moderator function.

Morgain likes this.
  5. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member