Lack of interest Highlight all threads from this forum in What's New?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

CTXMedia

I'd like to suggest an ACP option for creating / editing individual forums:

[ ] - Highlight all threads from this forum in What's New?

The result would look something like this:

whats-new-highlight.webp

You could use this for your important forums, such as announcements or site news, and have the unread important threads floated to the top - as per the attachment.

With border and/or background styling to visually highlight them, this will make such threads more visible to our members who regularly use XF by clicking "What's New?" and rarely visit the forums home page.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If this were implemented, I would much rather this be a user selectable item, rather than and all or nothing from the ACP. It should also be left to the Admin if the feature is turned on or off in their forum.

If this were implemented, I would much rather this be a user selectable item, rather than and all or nothing from the ACP. It should also be left to the Admin if the feature is turned on or off in their forum.

I've reworded my OP - I intend this to be an Admin-only option when editing / creating individual forums in the node tree.

Of course setting too many of your forums to "highlight" would ruin the effect, but if you have a Site News or Announcements forum that are low use, but important for your members to notice / view - then this would help to get the message across, especially to those people who habitually click What's New and rarely/never bother looking at the forums home page. (y)

Top Bottom