High server load on forum script

I recently had the hosting account that is running my xenforo installation disabled due to one of the scripts apparently having a high server load.

I have already implemented file-based caching on the server (about two weeks ago), as memcached/APC aren't currently available to me. I am really not sure how to go about fixing this problem, so any help would be appreciated.

I am running Xenforo 1.1, however I cannot provide a comprehensive list of add-ons due to not being able to view the site. There were only one or two add-ons that were not by Jaxel (XenPorta/Xenatendo/etc.), and those that weren't by him were (I assume) reasonably lightweight such as spoiler tags, so I doubt the add-ons are causing the problem (though I have no proof)

I have uploaded the email I received from support as an attachment - I cannot copy it here because it is beyond the character limit.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

so I doubt the add-ons are causing the problem
It more than likely is one or more add-ons.

Add this to your library/config.php file:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

Then ask the host to re-enable the site; if the site works OK then it is an add-on.

Disable all add-ons in the ACP and then remove that line again from the config file.
Then re-enable each add-on until you identify the problem.

It could be one or more add-ons on their own or it could be a conflict between add-ons.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-282417

Top Bottom