1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High server load on forum script

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Dave Thomas, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Member

I recently had the hosting account that is running my xenforo installation disabled due to one of the scripts apparently having a high server load.

I have already implemented file-based caching on the server (about two weeks ago), as memcached/APC aren't currently available to me. I am really not sure how to go about fixing this problem, so any help would be appreciated.

I am running Xenforo 1.1, however I cannot provide a comprehensive list of add-ons due to not being able to view the site. There were only one or two add-ons that were not by Jaxel (XenPorta/Xenatendo/etc.), and those that weren't by him were (I assume) reasonably lightweight such as spoiler tags, so I doubt the add-ons are causing the problem (though I have no proof)

I have uploaded the email I received from support as an attachment - I cannot copy it here because it is beyond the character limit.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It more than likely is one or more add-ons.

Add this to your library/config.php file:
    PHP:
    $config['enableListeners'] = false;
    Then ask the host to re-enable the site; if the site works OK then it is an add-on.

Disable all add-ons in the ACP and then remove that line again from the config file.
    Then re-enable each add-on until you identify the problem.

It could be one or more add-ons on their own or it could be a conflict between add-ons.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-282417

3. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Member

Thanks for the quick reply - I'll post back with my results.