High Number of Paypal Chargebacks This Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing has abuse written all over it and I see it being lose, lose in the long term.

I dislike those who are out to scam people & feel if nothing is done, it will keep on happening.

But in that same instant, I believe if the wrong individual(s) manage such a list, I can well imagine innocent people added to such list simply because of fall-out or general online drama.

The next solution seems to be simple to allow XenForo to manage such things, but history tells from experience from other companies; that its best when they don't get involved in 3rd party disputes (or mindless drama).

That's 3 points of view and all of them seems like something ending in abuse.

I agree something should be done, but I admit not knowing the perfect solution except for using a merchant services other than Paypal, who professionally pre-screens transactions (2Checkout for example).

This whole thing has abuse written all over it and I see it being lose, lose in the long term.

I dislike those who are out to scam people & feel if nothing is done, it will keep on happening.

But in that same instant, I believe if the wrong individual(s) manage such a list, I can well imagine innocent people added to such list simply because of fall-out or general online drama.

The next solution seems to be simple to allow XenForo to manage such things, but history tells from experience from other companies; that its best when they don't get involved in 3rd party disputes (or mindless drama).

That's 3 points of view and all of them seems like something ending in abuse.

I agree something should be done, but I admit not knowing the perfect solution except for using a merchant services other than Paypal, who professionally pre-screens transactions (2Checkout for example).

Their intentions might be good, but the actions won't prove useful overall for most people who get involved with it.

There is also the fact that if there are any non-developers or designers there it's going to be iffy in general to me. Warning other developers or designers is one thing, but once someone who has no business knowing any of this information has it it becomes an ethical issue and I prefer just to avoid it.

Screw it all. Everyone start sending money orders to each other ;)

JK JK

I like the idea of something that makes it less enticing for scammers to purchase and pirate add-ons. This will never stop them as a whole. After all it is some person's crappy 'business' to pirate our hard work.

As an add-on buyer I do not MIND clicking "buy it now" and being redirected to the sellers website where I have to register and validate my license, then checkout with paypal. I feel this is okay because I will need to register with the developer's site in order to continue hearing about updates and accessing downloads/support.

Whatever project is developed for the 3rd party add-on developers should be free and group funded/donation based. If it's paid I feel there will be less interest and use.

Anytime I was scammed out of my hard work, the buyer used a proxied email. Proxied emails should not be allowed by paypal. There are KNOWN sites that are proxy email sites and it's crap that Paypal allows them to be used -.-

I will gladly donate to the project when and if it is started. I have faith in the developers of the XF community to create such an add-on. My faith about enough of them banding together, setting aside differences, is another thing :(

Using payment systems outside of paypal would probably be ideal in the long run.

Anytime I was scammed out of my hard work, the buyer used a proxied email. Proxied emails should not be allowed by paypal. There are KNOWN sites that are proxy email sites and it's crap that Paypal allows them to be used -.-
Another reason to use an alternative to Paypal.

There is a very very very silly loophole, but it will work.

Burn a copy of their customized file onto a CD, and mail it (with tracking). PayPal will always side with you on this one.

Maintaining a list without knowing what you are getting into might come back & bite someone, at least if you reside in the U.S. or do business here.

You can tell the whole world about people who screw you personally, but when you collect information into a database about people who screw others and provide query and reporting services, you become a credit reporting agency.

Maintaining a XenForo board where the screwed report being screwed and all members can read it is probably low risk. If you are consolidating information and providing reports, I'd suggest seeking competent advice from someone familiar with credit reporting agencies.

Screw it all. Everyone start sending money orders to each other ;)

Send them to me, the other Mike. Discount for cash. :)

dam dude i'm sorry to hear some a** is doing that to you and stealing your money/goods like that, I wish you would seriously consider using bitpay in the future, as thieves couldn't do a charge back since its bitcoins and bitpay converts payment in bitcoin to w/e currency you choose with just a 1% fee, definitely look them up bro https://bitpay.com/ and sorry to hear that especially for the work you've done for this community.
I 2nd bitcoin as a payment!
No way to do a chargeback then

It has nothing to do with price.

I think he means the "Right Price" being free which is absurd.

As for the subject at hand, is any of the main 3rd party developers / designers even interested in such a service?

Stolen Paypal accounts would be the main thing here for chargebacks and fraud and obtaining the email used for the chargeback would be accusing the wrong individual, or would it?

I think he means the "Right Price" being free which is absurd.

As for the subject at hand, is any of the main 3rd party developers / designers even interested in such a service?

Stolen Paypal accounts would be the main thing here for chargebacks and fraud and obtaining the email used for the chargeback would be accusing the wrong individual, or would it?
I obviously won't :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom