1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Hide Various BB Code Content From Users / Hide Links From Guests

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by CNK, Mar 16, 2014.

1. CNK

CNK Active Member

2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I wish there is an updated addon for this, but I'm still using a very old addon created for xf 1.0

3. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

4. CNK

CNK Active Member

Thx, but it doesn't hide links from URL BB Code. I disabled URL tag for guests but they can still see the links...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  5. cclaerhout

Yes, you've right, but it can be done with a wrapper (create a custom bbcode, add it some view permissions, set this custom bbcode as a wrapper to your xenforo bbcode).

I might implement a direct way later.

CNK and DivokyMuz like this.
  6. CNK

CNK Active Member

Ok, I look forward to the update! ;)

I noticed that this addition does not parse the URL tag if I disabled the URL for the Unregistered users and go in as a guest.
    If I disabled the URL for the Administrative users script no parses the contents of the URL BB Code (for all visitors).

7. cclaerhout

These permissions are related to the poster and not the viewer. Which means disable it for the unregistered users is not useful unless you've got an addon that enables the unregistered users to post on a forum.
    To make these "parsing permissions", it requires some hacky code to retrieve who posted the message (don't see other way to do it). They are working with a standard installation but might not work if you install some addons that enable some Bb Codes in some other elements of the same "view". There's an option to try to overcome this, but there's not garanty (see Use the "global method" to create the tags map in the "[Bb Codes & Buttons Manager] Bb Codes Manager" options).

What you want is not parsing permissions but viewing permissions. You can set some with Bbm Custom Bb Codes. There are less hacky and will work for sure. You can use the method of the wrapping tag given in my last message to control the XenForo Bb Codes viewing permissions.

CNK likes this.
  8. CNK

CNK Active Member

How I can set it, to hide URL, FILE and CODE tags for Unregistered users?

9. cclaerhout

For their content, see my above message or the one you liked (ref):

10. CNK

CNK Active Member

Ok, I imported BBM Protected BB Code, but in XenForo Bb Codes Control there are no URL tag options, so how I can set wrapper for URL?

11. cclaerhout

Could you please continue any posts related to this addon in its thread please ? Thanks. To reply to your question, I didn't include it because I didn't think it was useful, but that's 3 lines of code and two options to add, so it will be done in the next release.

Breixo, DivokyMuz and CNK like this.