Add-on Hide Various BB Code Content From Users / Hide Links From Guests

CNK

Hello, I would be interested in hack, which can hide links from guests. In vBulletin 3.8.7 I use this:

1. Hide Various BB Code Content From Users https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=105160
    bupMpLY.png

2. Hide Links From Guests http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123415
    FnDw7jl.png
I am looking for hide links addons for XenForo ;)

I wish there is an updated addon for this, but I'm still using a very old addon created for xf 1.0

Thx, but it doesn't hide links from URL BB Code. I disabled URL tag for guests but they can still see the links...
VNycATt.png

Last edited:
Thx, but it doesn't hide links from URL BB Code. I disabled URL tag for guests but they can still see the links...
VNycATt.png
Yes, you've right, but it can be done with a wrapper (create a custom bbcode, add it some view permissions, set this custom bbcode as a wrapper to your xenforo bbcode).

I might implement a direct way later.

Ok, I look forward to the update! ;)

I noticed that this addition does not parse the URL tag if I disabled the URL for the Unregistered users and go in as a guest.
If I disabled the URL for the Administrative users script no parses the contents of the URL BB Code (for all visitors).

Ok, I look forward to the update! ;)

I noticed that this addition does not parse the URL tag if I disabled the URL for the Unregistered users and go in as a guest.
If I disabled the URL for the Administrative users script no parses the contents of the URL BB Code (for all visitors).

These permissions are related to the poster and not the viewer. Which means disable it for the unregistered users is not useful unless you've got an addon that enables the unregistered users to post on a forum.
To make these "parsing permissions", it requires some hacky code to retrieve who posted the message (don't see other way to do it). They are working with a standard installation but might not work if you install some addons that enable some Bb Codes in some other elements of the same "view". There's an option to try to overcome this, but there's not garanty (see Use the "global method" to create the tags map in the "[Bb Codes & Buttons Manager] Bb Codes Manager" options).

What you want is not parsing permissions but viewing permissions. You can set some with Bbm Custom Bb Codes. There are less hacky and will work for sure. You can use the method of the wrapping tag given in my last message to control the XenForo Bb Codes viewing permissions.

Reactions: CNK
How I can set it, to hide URL, FILE and CODE tags for Unregistered users?
For their content, see my above message or the one you liked (ref):
But you can still create a BBM custom Bb Code (a basic block), give it some viewing permissions. Then use the XenForo Bb Codes wrapping option to wrap this Bb Code inside the Bbm Bb Code you would have created.

Ok, I imported BBM Protected BB Code, but in XenForo Bb Codes Control there are no URL tag options, so how I can set wrapper for URL?

Ok, I imported BBM Protected BB Code, but in XenForo Bb Codes Control there are no URL tag options, so how I can set wrapper for URL?
Could you please continue any posts related to this addon in its thread please ? Thanks. To reply to your question, I didn't include it because I didn't think it was useful, but that's 3 lines of code and two options to add, so it will be done in the next release.

Top Bottom