XF 1.5 Hide page node for certain groups, leave page accessible?

WebFusion2

Hello,

I've created a page node on my forum that I only want to appear in the forum node list for certain groups, but I want the page itself to be accessible via direct linking for ALL groups, all the time.

Thus far, it appears the only way I can "hide" the node from view on the forum list is to revoke access completely. Is there any way (via the EXTRA.CSS, for example) to simply hide it for those groups that I no longer want to list it on the forums for, but still allow the page itself to be accessed by those groups when necessary via direct link?

Thanks!

It's not possible via the normal node options to show/hide it for specific groups - the option to not show it is global and affects all visitors.

One possible workaround is to hide it from the node list then set up a link forum which is only visible to the user groups you wish to see it, via regular permissions.

It's not possible via the normal node options to show/hide it for specific groups - the option to not show it is global and affects all visitors.

One possible workaround is to hide it from the node list then set up a link forum which is only visible to the user groups you wish to see it, via regular permissions.

Such a simple solution - that worked perfectly!

Thanks!

Such a simple solution - that worked perfectly!

Thanks!

Similar situation: I wanted to create a list/directory of external links that would be displayed as a TAB (titled RESOURCES). After doing many tests, I realized these links have to lead to a forum post. So I had to create :

1- a category with the name RESOURCES, with 6 forums using it as a root node (all with "do not display in the node list" checked).
2- a link forum with the name RESOURCES, with 6 child nodes (all with "do not display in the node list" unchecked).
3- create 6 posts with corresponding names as the forums/child nodes, fill each post with the external links.
4- copy the links to these posts, and enter them in the corresponding link forums.

c8b6eaf652517b9129172c4b13daf358.webp

Now the TAB "RESOURCES" shows on the top menu with the sublinks leading to these posts "external links." BUT:

1- It is not highlighted when selected, the tab Forums remained highlighted.
2- the RESOURCES submenu shows the Forums submenu.

00f465c0e69b842a375537cbab147e86.webp

PLUS, as you can see, the RESOURCES entry in the forum list also shows, and we'd like to hide that.

How can I hide the forum listing of these 6 posts? I unchecked "Display in the node list."

Thanks!

Attachments

• 00f465c0e69b842a375537cbab147e86.webp
    00f465c0e69b842a375537cbab147e86.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom