1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Hide links to guests

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CNK, Mar 26, 2014.

1. CNK

CNK Active Member

I have a problem with hiding the links for guests.
    I installed this addon: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hide-links-to-guests.15005/ --> it works great but it doesn't hide links in administrator posts.

In messages posted by other users this addon hides all links.
    How hide links in messages posted by Administrator?

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You'll need to ask in the discussion thread for support with that add-on.

Amaury likes this.
  3. CNK

CNK Active Member

There I have:
    I try change regexp because I think that the problem is in it.

I changed 19 line in HideLinks.php:
    Code:
      $message['messageHtml'] = preg_replace("!<a[^>]*>(.*)</a>!siU", $options->liens_message, $message['messageHtml']);
    to
    Code:
      $message['messageHtml'] = preg_replace("!<a[^>]* class=\"externalLink\ (.*)>(.*)</a>!siU", $options->liens_message, $message['messageHtml']);
    Now it does not hide links in goto url (when someone quotes messege).

Currently hiding probably works well, example: http://gsmx.co/tematy/nowy-skrypt-forum.59631/

If you have some better suggestions for regular expressions - please write in this topic;)
    In my forum I use Favicon for links and Proxy Links and it all works properly with HideLinks by Cobra :)

sampick69 likes this.
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Probably most people won't be using an add-on that was archived and generated back in 2011 and the last post was in 2012. If it was still being supported the author would have migrated it to the resources. Odds are the author (who was last on in 03/12) isn't around to support it here. There have been enough changes in XenForo since then that I'm surprised that it even works.

Amaury likes this.
  5. Youngzedd

Youngzedd Member

This feature is really needed.

CNK likes this.