Hidden Security Feature?

a legacy reborn

Hello, I was testing out some xF security standards today and guess what I came across :). When I was just finishing...I ran a perl script to check to see if it could find the admin url...well...it found it at...every possible location! Great way to hide the admincp :). Really neat hidden feature if you ask me. (Before anyone says "well legacy thats only fake security", I know...but fake is better then no security am I right? Think of any other forum software and it would probably just give you the url making it one step easier for everyone to hack a site.)

It's not a problem, I am sorry if my message was misunderstood...It shows that they are all valid urls, but only one really works :)

Edit:by valid I mean it is thinking that they are admin logins...this does not happen on other forum softwares ;)

I have to say that whatever software you're testing with is mistaken. It's probably ignoring the 404 response that we send, and just looking at the HTML that's returned (which probably has a login form in it). We direct any request for a file that doesn't exist to index.php.

I have to say that whatever software you're testing with is mistaken. It's probably ignoring the 404 response that we send, and just looking at the HTML that's returned (which probably has a login form in it). We direct any request for a file that doesn't exist to index.php.
That'd make sense, doesn't matter though, I still like it :). Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Just looked at it...

Code:
if($response->content =~ /Username/ ||
$response->content =~ /Password/ ||
$response->content =~ /username/ ||
$response->content =~ /password/ ||
$response->content =~ /USERNAME/ ||
$response->content =~ /PASSWORD/ ||
$response->content =~ /Senha/ ||
$response->content =~ /senha/ ||
$response->content =~ /Personal/ ||
$response->content =~ /Usuario/ ||
$response->content =~ /Clave/ ||
$response->content =~ /Usager/ ||
$response->content =~ /usager/ ||
$response->content =~ /Sing/ ||
$response->content =~ /passe/ ||
$response->content =~ /P\/W/ ||
$response->content =~ /Admin Password/
I'm assuming that would pick up any login form so Mike was right ;)

Top Bottom