[Herocraft Development ] Minecraft Server Status Block [Paid] [Deleted]

So the connection is being blocked from your web server, have you checked the ip table rules to see if outbound traffic is being allowed on 25565? (or whatever port you are using to query your server on)

yeap, nothing is blocking it. Using a generic minequery php script works fine. I can telnet to port 25565 from my desktop and can telnet out of 25565 inside my server.

yes, it's my dedicated server I own.. I also own both the web hosting company in my sig and the minecraft hosting company
Sorry for the late replym - to be honest, I don't have any idea what the problem is. I could keep guessing - but I'm not an expert on connections between servers, firewalls etc. You'll probably have a better idea than me!

One thing that may be the problem (I doubt it though), is UDP traffic blocked either in or outbound from either of the servers (web or minecraft)? The minecraft protocol only send data over UDP.

It would be great if you could try to get it to work and report back with the solution - I've bought a VPS and Shared Hosting (I had to contact support first) and I've managed to get it working on both, but its kinda impossible for me to test it on a range of different servers and find out all the things that could stop this add-on from working.

shadrxninga, can you query my Minecraft server using this? When I try to the website throws an error. IP: main.fuzzoland.com, port: 25565.

Its giving me the same error - but I can query your server with my add-on (Take a look here: http://subtonic.info/forums/index.php?portal/). Which is running on a VPS. Which means the problem will be with your web host. Are you on shared hosting?
Yes my website is on shared hosting. I sent my web host a ticket with the information provided on the main page but unfortunately this is the reply I got: "I have asked them again and the web hosting department will not open ports."
I'm not looking to change web hosts any time soon, so are there any other options?

Yes my website is on shared hosting. I sent my web host a ticket with the information provided on the main page but unfortunately this is the reply I got: "I have asked them again and the web hosting department will not open ports."
I'm not looking to change web hosts any time soon, so are there any other options?
I think there might be some confusion in what you are asking them and, (hopefully :) ). You don't need to open any ports on your web server, its a bit different. You need to ask to allow outbound and inbound connections to the port 25565.

Ask them "Can/Do you allow outbound and inbound connections to port {QueryPort} on another server? I need to use it for this add on which queries my minecraft server to show its status."
You could either link to the add on or just describe it, hopefully giving them an idea of what you are trying to accomplish will help. Try to make it clear that the port does not need to be open on your web server.

If that doesn't work and you have root access to your minecraft server, there may be another solution.

I think there might be some confusion in what you are asking them and, (hopefully :) ). You don't need to open any ports on your web server, its a bit different. You need to ask to allow outbound and inbound connections to the port 25565.

Ask them "Can/Do you allow outbound and inbound connections to port {QueryPort} on another server? I need to use it for this add on which queries my minecraft server to show its status."
You could either link to the add on or just describe it, hopefully giving them an idea of what you are trying to accomplish will help. Try to make it clear that the port does not need to be open on your web server.

If that doesn't work and you have root access to your minecraft server, there may be another solution.
I'm pretty sure I did make it clear to them what I was asking. Yes I agree their answer doesn't sound like it, but I'm quite confident they understood.

But anyway, I do have root access to my Minecraft servers. Advantages of not renting from resellers hehe. :P

I'm pretty sure I did make it clear to them what I was asking. Yes I agree their answer doesn't sound like it, but I'm quite confident they understood.

But anyway, I do have root access to my Minecraft servers. Advantages of not renting from resellers hehe. :p
I'm not too sure if this will work.. but here's the idea. Your webhost has to allow connections on port 80 and 443, as these are the default ports http and ssl servers. The problem is they're under 1000 so you'll need root. You're probably going to have to take a look into this a bit more - as running your minecraft server as root isn't the best idea :p, and I'm not exactly sure how to write a script to escalate privileges while starting up. (If you can't figure this out, just tell me - and I'll take a look into it for you.)

If you change the query port on your server to one of those ports, then - hopefully it should work :). There may be some other ports as well such as 22, 21, 25. Which common services usually run on.

Let me know how it goes!

I'm not too sure if this will work.. but here's the idea. Your webhost has to allow connections on port 80 and 443, as these are the default ports http and ssl servers. The problem is they're under 1000 so you'll need root. You're probably going to have to take a look into this a bit more - as running your minecraft server as root isn't the best idea :p, and I'm not exactly sure how to write a script to escalate privileges while starting up. (If you can't figure this out, just tell me - and I'll take a look into it for you.)

If you change the query port on your server to one of those ports, then - hopefully it should work :). There may be some other ports as well such as 22, 21, 25. Which common services usually run on.

Let me know how it goes!
Kind of funny because I already run my servers as root, so I'll try your suggestion out.

Edit: It works, thank you!

Well now I have a new problem, but I guess it's not really your duty to add support for it, however I'll ask anyway. The Minecraft server application BungeeCord allows for server to server teleportation, however does not have its own query system as of yet. It only supports the server listing packet used by the Minecraft client to obtain current players online, max slots and the motd. Is there any possible chance that you may add an option for the ServerStatus block to use that instead of query?

Well now I have a new problem, but I guess it's not really your duty to add support for it, however I'll ask anyway. The Minecraft server application BungeeCord allows for server to server teleportation, however does not have its own query system as of yet. It only supports the server listing packet used by the Minecraft client to obtain current players online, max slots and the motd. Is there any possible chance that you may add an option for the ServerStatus block to use that instead of query?
I took a look at it, and from what I gathered - you can run bukkit plugins. So, switch over to using Minequery and you should be sorted!

Working great for me, but is there a way to get it to work as a widget (for the widget framework) so I can use it on the forums in addition to the portal page?

Top Bottom