[Herocraft Development ] Minecraft Server Status Block [Paid] [Deleted]

For everyone who is having problems, they're all because different server setups. Every time I've set it up - it has worked without any problems. This is on my local machine, a friends web server and on a VPS. I am going to rent out shared hosting and see if I can get it to work on that.

So.. I'm looking into it.. But its hard to test and make something flawless when something will work without any trouble on one setup and lots of it on another.

I have a tcp only ping setup with both port 25565, and 25566 (Default port for minequery). I also have the minequery settings adding to the server.properties. I tried both 25565 and 25566, and only see connection lost spam in console. I have also installed this block over 10 times both times removing all files, and re uploading. I know for a fact this has nothing to do with my server setup. I know how to work my firewall :P

I still think it does...

Here's why:
  • According to a few websites, port 25566 is closed on your server.
  • Herocraft, which is setup similar to your server ( only accepting TCP packets and using minequery) works fine on my test installation located at http://subtonic.info/forums/index.php?portal/
  • I've also got some other servers which use the built in query system working. Buxville and Metroville on the test server as well.
  • I cannot query your server using a tool made my one of the minecraft developers (here) or with my addon. Or just a simple script to query minecraft servers. ( but this is probably because you said your server isn't accepting UDP packets, from what I've gathered)
  • You said before that Minestatus could query your server, since its not giving any live data about your server except the fact that its online. I assume it is just checking if your server port is open or not.
Can you try to query another server - to rule out that it is a problem with your web server setup / my addon? :)

Use these settings:

Herocraft
mc.hc.to:25566
Using Minquery

Buxville
buxville.net:25565
No Minequery

Herocraft
mc.hc.to:25566
Using Minquery

Buxville
buxville.net:25565
No Minequery
Neither of those worked for me as well, so it seems like an outgoing connection is being blocked from the website side. I say that because I know sites like mcservers.org can ping my server successfully with query enabled. I also noticed that when I add any server using Minequery it will throw this error which will cause the portal page to screw up with this error.

Error
The provided file is not an add-on XML file.
^Sorry to join the spam but I am in need of assistance. Cant install serverstatus.xml everything else is fine.

Server spec's
Centos 6
everything was installed today so latest everything xenforo wise.

Error
The provided file is not an add-on XML file.
^Sorry to join the spam but I am in need of assistance. Cant install serverstatus.xml everything else is fine.

Server spec's
Centos 6
everything was installed today so latest everything xenforo wise.
No problem :),

The ServerStatus.xml file is used to add the block to XenPorta. To install the addon you need to use the file called 'addon-HeroDev_ServerStatus.xml' which is in the same folder.

O wow.,

Thanks for replying to me.

Best $10 or w/e it was. o wait. i joke.
Maybe if you asked nicely and werent a **** about it, you would get answer's...

No problem :),

The ServerStatus.xml file is used to add the block to XenPorta. To install the addon you need to use the file called 'addon-HeroDev_ServerStatus.xml' which is in the same folder.
Thank you shadrxninga now everything is working smoothly, and kicks ass thanks alot!

O wow.,

Thanks for replying to me.

Best $10 or w/e it was. o wait. i joke.

The problem is... this is all you've told me "The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again."

I've told you all I can in regards to fixing the problem with the information you've given me... and to be honest if you can't fix an error like that... then maybe... just maybe, you shouldn't be running a server. I apologise if I'm wrong and something different happening that's weird with your setup, but the grammar and spelling you use kinda backs that statement on its own - ignoring the problem you can't fix.

I'm still going to help you though... I've offered to fix your problem in the past for you " If you're really stuck - I would be happy to install it for you (provided you're happy with me doing so). Send me a PM and we can sort something out." That offer still stands if you want to take it up - send me a PM. Other than that... all I can see you doing is taking screenshots of all your folders from 'HeroDev' down. As well as the' library' folder. I suggest sending those to me in a PM, and I'll do what I can from there.

Sorry about not replying... but nothing you have said made me feel like helping you.

Maybe if you asked nicely and werent a **** about it, you would get answer's...

Thank you shadrxninga now everything is working smoothly, and kicks ass thanks alot!
I have asked nicely alot of the time mate.

The problem is... this is all you've told me "The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again."

I've told you all I can in regards to fixing the problem with the information you've given me... and to be honest if you can't fix an error like that... then maybe... just maybe, you shouldn't be running a server. I apologise if I'm wrong and something different happening that's weird with your setup, but the grammar and spelling you use kinda backs that statement on its own - ignoring the problem you can't fix.

I'm still going to help you though... I've offered to fix your problem in the past for you " If you're really stuck - I would be happy to install it for you (provided you're happy with me doing so). Send me a PM and we can sort something out." That offer still stands if you want to take it up - send me a PM. Other than that... all I can see you doing is taking screenshots of all your folders from 'HeroDev' down. As well as the' library' folder. I suggest sending those to me in a PM, and I'll do what I can from there.

Sorry about not replying... but nothing you have said made me feel like helping you.

Lmfao. I'm pritty sure, ive done everything u have said.

I shouldn't be running a server? Made me laugh this "mate".

Servers say offline in the block. This is a dedicated server I have root access to, verified ports are open.. So this is not a shared hosting issue.

Top Bottom