HELP!

TPerry

The site is telling me that the board is currently being upgraded, please check back later. Problem is, it is NOT being upgraded. I checked, and the board shows in the board settings to be active. Have rebuilt the templates via TMS, but didn't make any difference. Could there be a stale file somewhere, or DB entry that is telling the system it is?

Uninstalled XenPorta and now it's back to working... wonder if that was also part of the problem I was having earlier with some other stuff. :eek:

:D
Been up messing with this WAY to long... running on 29 hours of playing with modifying the site right now. Maybe it's time for me to go nappy-nap?:sleep:

Access the install system and see what that says.

e.g. http://yoursite.com/install

Have you done anything like upload new XF files or similar?
No upgrades available. Button to rebuild Master Data.

EDIT:
May have found the problem. Found an error log in the forum root that referred back to Self Delete by Waindigo. I had uninstalled that recently and apparently it was a dirty uninstall.
Reinstalled it and the forum works fine now with XenPorta (so far). Went back to uninstall Self Delete and then got an error on the uninstall (captured from error.log)...
[09-Mar-2013 22:52:20] PHP Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Waindigo_Install::$_tableList in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php on line 359
[09-Mar-2013 22:58:36] PHP Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Waindigo_Install::$_tableList in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php on line 493
[09-Mar-2013 22:59:21] PHP Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Waindigo_Install::$_tableList in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php on line 359

I'm lost... did you edit your first post while I was creating that one?

You said it's fixed now XenPorta is uninstalled. Or is it still saying there's an update available?

I'm lost... did you edit your first post while I was creating that one?

You said it's fixed now XenPorta is uninstalled. Or is it still saying there's an update available?
Yep... I'm a multi-tasking dude! As was typing in one window was working on different things in several others (checking for error logs, error log files, etc).
Main problem with the forum down is fixed. Still having some problems with XenPorta not showing on some of my sub-forums for some reason. I got a sneaky suspicion it is due to the User Self Delete from Waindigo.
Even uninstalling XenPorta did not fix the problem. Had to reinstall the User Self Delete to get the site back up.

Yep... I'm a multi-tasking dude! As was typing in one window was working on different things in several others (checking for error logs, error log files, etc).
Main problem with the forum down is fixed. Still having some problems with XenPorta not showing on some of my sub-forums for some reason. I got a sneaky suspicion it is due to the User Self Delete from Waindigo.
Even uninstalling XenPorta did not fix the problem. Had to reinstall the User Self Delete to get the site back up.
Delete any files relating to uninstalled add-on from the install/data folder. This should fix it.

No upgrades available. Button to rebuild Master Data.

EDIT:
May have found the problem. Found an error log in the forum root that referred back to Self Delete by Waindigo. I had uninstalled that recently and apparently it was a dirty uninstall.
Reinstalled it and the forum works fine now with XenPorta (so far). Went back to uninstall Self Delete and then got an error on the uninstall (captured from error.log)...
[09-Mar-2013 22:52:20] PHP Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Waindigo_Install::$_tableList in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php on line 359
[09-Mar-2013 22:58:36] PHP Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Waindigo_Install::$_tableList in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php on line 493
[09-Mar-2013 22:59:21] PHP Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Waindigo_Install::$_tableList in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php on line 359
This appears to relate to an error in the file /library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php (no duh!). This is a known bug and any add-ons that included this file were quickly updated to fix the bug (late January). It seems that you must have downloaded one of these add-ons and not subsequently downloaded the bug fix. Does this sound likely?

Edit: Self Delete by Waindigo was NOT one of these add-ons, so I am assuming that you have more than one Waindigo add-on installed.

This appears to relate to an error in the file /library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php (no duh!). This is a known bug and any add-ons that included this file were quickly updated to fix the bug (late January). It seems that you must have downloaded one of these add-ons and not subsequently downloaded the bug fix. Does this sound likely?

Edit: Self Delete by Waindigo was NOT one of these add-ons, so I am assuming that you have more than one Waindigo add-on installed.
Only old one I can think of is the smiley importer... and I know that you had an update - and had downloaded it, just hadn't gotten around to installing it yet.. been playing with XenPorta. :D
I've got several, but they are on the watched list and as soon as they are updated I "normally' install them immediately. :oops:
XenAtendoMore is the likely culprit. I just hit my network drive and started looking through the plugins that I keep in storage and that is the only one I found with that file in it. Now I'm looking to see if it is listed in my add-ons. Thought I had uninstalled it.

Only old one I can think of is the smiley importer... and I know that you had an update - and had downloaded it, just hadn't gotten around to installing it yet.. been playing with XenPorta. :D
I've got several, but they are on the watched list and as soon as they are updated I "normally' install them immediately. :oops:
Nope, is not that one. Just spotted that XenAtendo More by Waindigo has the problem file still in it. Do you have that installed?

Deleted the XenAtendoMore stuff (it wasn't listed as installed), then had the error again. The error did not stop until I removed the User Self Delete add-on. Apparently there is a conflict with it and some other add-on I have (which are several).

Deleted the XenAtendoMore stuff (it wasn't listed as installed), then had the error again. The error did not stop until I removed the User Self Delete add-on. Apparently there is a conflict with it and some other add-on I have (which are several).
The Self Delete by Waindigo add-on no longer conflicts with any of Jaxel's add-ons. This was resolved with the latest versions of his add-ons.

Even though you uninstalled XenAtendo More by Waindigo, it left behind a file that caused a problem when you uninstalled Self Delete by Waindigo, which has subsequently caused a problem resulting in your forum being closed.

You can fix this problem by either deleting the files from the install/data or by deleting the problem file /library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php.

I will be releasing an update to the XenAtendo More by Waindigo add-on.

The Self Delete by Waindigo add-on no longer conflicts with any of Jaxel's add-ons. This was resolved with the latest versions of his add-ons.

Even though you uninstalled XenAtendo More by Waindigo, it left behind a file that caused a problem when you uninstalled Self Delete by Waindigo, which has subsequently caused a problem resulting in your forum being closed.

You can fix this problem by either deleting the files from the install/data or by deleting the problem file /library/Waindigo/Install/20130104.php.

I will be releasing an update to the XenAtendo More by Waindigo add-on.

Problem is I did just the reverse... I extracted the old file - followed the directory structure and found all related files on the web site that were in the archive and deleted them manually via FTP. Then I went back to refresh my browser window for the site and got the error again (with all old files removed). Then I proceeded to remove the User Delete addon (which did successfully uninstall this time) and the site was back up. There must be something I'm running that is causing the problems. Will check for the latest user delete, download it fresh again and try reinstalling.

Problem is I did just the reverse... I extracted the old file - followed the directory structure and found all related files on the web site that were in the archive and deleted them manually via FTP. Then I went back to refresh my browser window for the site and got the error again (with all old files removed). Then I proceeded to remove the User Delete addon (which did successfully uninstall this time) and the site was back up. There must be something I'm running that is causing the problems. Will check for the latest user delete, download it fresh again and try reinstalling.
Glad that it uninstalled properly this time. That is a good sign.

Always be careful just deleting files as some files appear in more than one add-on. It is usually only safe to delete the main folder for the add-on (e.g. library/Waindigo/SelfDelete or library/Waindigo/XenAtendoMore) unless you are removing all Waindigo add-ons.

Glad that it uninstalled properly this time. That is a good sign.

Always be careful just deleting files as some files appear in more than one add-on. It is usually only safe to delete the main folder for the add-on (e.g. library/Waindigo/SelfDelete or library/Waindigo/XenAtendoMore) unless you are removing all Waindigo add-ons.
Yep, that and the one php file was all that was left.... just enough to cause problems. o_O (maybe I need to grab some nice cold beverage). Thanks for the help. That's what I love about xenForo and it's DEVs. Fantastic support all the way around... once I get some of the wife's medical bills paid off (these $1700 a month prescription bills are eating us) it's time to start dishing it out to the DEVs here that I use.
shinerb.jpg

Yep, that and the one php file was all that was left.... just enough to cause problems. o_O (maybe I need to grab some nice cold beverage). Thanks for the help. That's what I love about xenForo and it's DEVs. Fantastic support all the way around... once I get some of the wife's medical bills paid off (these $1700 a month prescription bills are eating us) it's time to start dishing it out to the DEVs here that I use.
shinerb.jpg
Not your fault. Was just a very unfortunate combination of add-ons you installed (and then uninstalled). Thanks for your support!

Top Bottom