Help With Installation

Hey XenForo Community,

So, I am currently running a CentOS 6 VPS. I installed LAMP stack and now I uploaded the XenForo files in the "upload" folder to the /var/www directory and I can't get to the install.

Is it because I haven't done the CHMOD for "data" and "internal_data" folders or what's up?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I know I installed/configured LAMP correctly because I have phpmyadmin working and what not.

Right just checked what the live folder is on centos and i found out:
Code:
Apache's default document root is /var/www/html on CentOS

so do the following on centos:
Code:
cp -R /var/www/ /var/www/html/
Hopefully that will fix it.

Ok, so I forgot how to fix the following two things since the last time that I installed XenForo-

Code:
The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:

The directory /var/www/html/data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777). If the directory does not exist, please create it.
The directory /var/www/html/internal_data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777). If the directory does not exist, please create it.
Please correct these errors and try again.

The sooner the help, the better :D

Thanks in advance

The problem with that is that you can't copy directories into themselves....

I may just have to move all the files there manually.
That command should copy all the files over.

Ok, so I forgot how to fix the following two things since the last time that I installed XenForo-

Code:
The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:

The directory /var/www/html/data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777). If the directory does not exist, please create it.
The directory /var/www/html/internal_data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777). If the directory does not exist, please create it.
Please correct these errors and try again.

The sooner the help, the better :D

Thanks in advance

use commands:

Code:
chmod 777 /var/www/html/internal_data;
chmod 777 /var/www/html/data

Top Bottom