1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Tab

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Peggy, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Can I comment out the Help tab in the navigation bar until I am finished populating it?

I found the code for the Help tab in the navigation template (aintcha proud of me?) -

<!-- help -->
            <xen:if is="{$tabs.help}">
                <li class="navTab help {xen:if $tabs.help.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">
                    <a href="{$tabs.help.href}" class="navLink" rel="help">{$tabs.help.title}</a>
                    <a href="{$tabs.help.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>
                    <div class="{xen:if {$tabs.help.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}">
                        <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                            <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
                        <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                        <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_help">
                            <li><a href="{xen:link help/smilies}">{xen:phrase smilies}</a></li>
                            <li><a href="{xen:link help/bb-codes}">{xen:phrase bb_codes}</a></li>
                            <li><a href="{xen:link help/trophies}">{xen:phrase trophies}</a></li>
    Could you tell me how to comment it out? :)
  2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

your pasted code

OR evenstystem => unset $tabs['help']
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

A small present for the buzy mama because template edits suck! ;)

If you install this, it hides the help tab, once you're finished, just deactivate / deinstall the add-on and it will appear again:)

Attached Files:

Steve F likes this.
  5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Does this still work ?