• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Add-on Help page Manager

Ablac

Ive seen this http://xenforo.com/community/threads/help-menu-pages.25241 And the Tutorial by James.

But for someone like me thats a Complete Noob at stuff like that, Even though its simple and Step By Step i still managed to screw up my help pages and had to revert it back to defaults :(

I'm looking for a Help Page Manager that will let you create and Delete Help pages. I'm assuming one could use the rich Text Editor to create help pages.

I have no idea how one would go about doing this, the only thing I have seen that could work, is using a system like Simple Form 1.10 has with there new WYSIWYG Text Editor on the Forms.

F

Floris

Since one of our forums require the participation of the moderators and the community manager, we can't give them admin control panel access. What we've done is simply create a help forum with within it discussions.
We've made a custom style to simplify the look of the help forum a bit so it looks more like a separate page with thinner simpler user comments.

This really boosted the amount of help pages that we got, and we can just use the full fledged new thread / post reply editor to create them very easily.

Perhaps worth considering, and then just replace the link for Help with that sub forum.