Help: Database errors

3rd AnGle

I have been experiencing databse errors frequently since the last one month. I thought this was an issue with my hoster so i have been nagging them to fix it but all their fixes seems to be temporary. Now the crash happens every alternate days.
Hostgator have repaired the database like 10 times but it keeps crashing every alternate days.

The following is one such error (my ste is running but whenever i try to post something or upload something.. this is what i get)

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table './hippy_mtalks/xf_search_index' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 108
  5. XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->_pushToIndex() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 80
  6. XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 44
  7. XenForo_Search_Indexer->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/ProfilePost.php at line 39
  8. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_ProfilePost->_insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 674
  10. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_insertOrUpdateSearchIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 653
  11. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_indexForSearch() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 509
  12. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  13. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/UserProfile.php at line 242
  14. XenForo_Model_UserProfile->updateStatus() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 874
  15. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionPost() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hippy/public_html/blahblah.com/index.php at line 13

Sometimes the error mentions EWRPorta too... I am just wondering whether the error is due to the scripts i am running or is it on the part of my server..

Plz advise.

If you use cPanel, click on MySQL Databases, then click Repair DB next to the one you wish to repair.

I had the similiar problem, and this fixed it! Thank you!
6gnv8.png

okay, I'm having this issue, frequently - like every other hour and it just started happening today. I truncated the table, but it only seems to solve the problem temporarily. When I attempted to repair the table, it came up with an error:
UGH.webp

If this is happening with any frequency -- and I probably mean more than once per, I don't know, year? -- you need to contact your host. Table corruption generally indicates a server issue (including a full disk) or someone is shutting down MySQL incorrectly.

If they can't resolve the issue, I'd have to recommend another host.

If this is happening with any frequency -- and I probably mean more than once per, I don't know, year? -- you need to contact your host. Table corruption generally indicates a server issue (including a full disk) or someone is shutting down MySQL incorrectly.

It's seemed to have resolved itself since last night, after I contacted my host. It was really starting to get annoying, though.

Thanks for the response :)

I have been experiencing this issue for weeks. My host arvixe has not done anything to repair the issue. If I try to repair it myself it only works for a few minutes or posts then it gets messed up again.

Could that mean that I have filled the gigabytes they allocated for me? I have some big image files on our site.

Could that mean that I have filled the gigabytes they allocated for me? I have some big image files on our site.
Shouldn't if you are on shared... now if you are on a VPS that uses it's own file space (which it sounds like) then yes, if you have filled up the space you need to get more.

I don't have a backup of when the forum last worked correctly. If I move to a new host with my corrupted database is it repairable by following the steps in this thread or do they have to fix it? How would they do that?

I don't have a backup of when the forum last worked correctly. If I move to a new host with my corrupted database is it repairable by following the steps in this thread or do they have to fix it? How would they do that?

From what it looks like it's only the xf_session, so even if it isn't able to be repaired it shouldn't be a huge deal to just recreate the table. Users will be logged out, but no posts/threads/users will be lost

Top Bottom