Hello All (Intro)

J2A

Hello All,

I'm JA, i'm a web & interface designer (UI/UX/HTML/CSS). I work on a freelance basis for Tinyrocketship and i also co-own a small network.

I have been recommended to have a serious look at Xenforo as a potential replacement for our crippled vBulletin site. We currently maintain a 8,000+ strong community on a website which verges on 2 million+ pageviews and 45K+ uniques . Using vBulletin has in the past enabled to host a good community and also maintain a frontpage portal for the news aspect of website.

I have purchased a license for Xenforo ideally looking to it as an alternative. I can see Xenforo has been built completely from the ground up and really looks to be the best choice going forward. I'm hoping to contribute to this community over some time. But we are currently designing a style for our website based around xenforo. See below at the preview:

mega.jpg

Then hopefully i'll be working on building premium styles for Xenforo thereafter but i'm really excited on working on this product. I feel it is a refreshed approach to community boards. :)

Cheers JA

{ Also, quick question but is there a possibility that the admin panel can be customized? }

How do you want to customize the ACP? It is built entirely dynamically using templates, though those templates are not part of a multi-style system at present.

How do you want to customize the ACP? It is built entirely dynamically using templates, though those templates are not part of a multi-style system at present.

Yeah, i had a look at it and i think i could improve it to some degree. Mainly aesthetically and also to do with the layout which is a vast improvement over vB. Do you have tutorials or documents on customizing it?

Top Bottom