Fixed Header image logo max-height

Russ

Affected version
With the new height + width logo options, I guess this CSS should be removed inside the template: app_header.less in case someone wants their logo to be larger.
(line 52)
Rich (BB code):
    &.p-header-logo--image
    {
        img
        {
            vertical-align: bottom;
            max-width: 100%;
            max-height: 200px;

I think arguably it should stay. It's notable that applying image dimensions allows the browsers to determine aspect ratio even with responsive image cases, so it helps reduce layout shifts -- even if the effective size of the image isn't the native size.

I think it's very possible that some people may still upload potentially large logo images so the height limit here attempts to constrain that.

Saying that, I suppose a compromise would be to only output the max-height if there's no logo heigh specified, as if you are setting a specific height we could trust that you explicitly want that.

Yesterday I just stepped in this. Removing the max-height would be a good way to solve. I have a huge Header Image and was wondered why its displayed not correctly.
Saying that, I suppose a compromise would be to only output the max-height if there's no logo heigh specified, as if you are setting a specific height we could trust that you explicitly want that.
That sounds the best solution, yes.

I found this Thread with the SImilar Threads feature. Awesome!

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 4).

Change log:
Only set a max-height for the logo if an explicit logo height was not provided
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom