XF 2.1 <head> and </head>

Ben44

I'm setting up traffic driver and it has given me some text to add

"To continue, simply Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) your Meta Tags into your website pages, between the <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags:"

But where are the <head> and </head> that I add this between please ?

It change the </head> to </meta>, do i leave it like that.?

If I change it back to </head> it is highlighted in red

meta.webp

Last edited:
Yes, Something in what you added is wrong.

But if you are adding a title you don’t need to do that in page_container in fact you shouldn’t.

Page titles are automatically generated.

This is the entire text given to me

<TITLE>Westcountry Link Plymouth Devon Cornwall</TITLE>
<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="plymouth,devon,cornwall,forum,friends,neighbours,discussion,entertainment,recipes,hobbies,daily,quiz,humour,welcome,tech,university,BBC,history">
<META NAME="DESCRIPTION" CONTENT="chat to neighbours and friends, discuss things that interest.">
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX,FOLLOW">

Oh wow, so why is the Traffic Driver my host supplies pushing this if it's no longer taken notice of.

Thanks for that, I will get onto them and see what they have to say and will post it back here.

Personally I wouldn't bother with it.

Stuff like that just isn't relevant these days - XF is pretty well optimised out of the box.

Oh wow, so why is the Traffic Driver my host supplies pushing this if it's no longer taken notice of.

Thanks for that, I will get onto them and see what they have to say and will post it back here.
Apart from the keywords what you have there would be useful but as I said only for a static HTML page.

Xenforo does it all automatically from the page content.

I would just revert the template to default that is safer than removing it and messing up something else.

I'm setting up traffic driver and it has given me some text to add

"To continue, simply Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) your Meta Tags into your website pages, between the <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags:"

But where are the <head> and </head> that I add this between please ?

Check the lines of code you are entering are valid - the closing head tag shouldn't be affected.
<TITLE>Westcountry Link Plymouth Devon Cornwall</TITLE>
<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="plymouth,devon,cornwall,forum,friends,neighbours,discussion,entertainment,recipes,hobbies,daily,quiz,humour,welcome,tech,university,BBC,history">
<META NAME="DESCRIPTION" CONTENT="chat to neighbours and friends, discuss things that interest.">
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX,FOLLOW">
I think it is the CAPITALS that are invalid and cause the issue with the closing head tag - this is just FYI, however as above you don't need this and shouldn't do it with xenForo

Last edited:
Top Bottom