Having just read the announcement forum

Deebs

I have just purchased my 4th license to show my support to the team that make up XF.

Here's looking forward to an amazing journey with XF at the core and I have to say I have not been this excited/worked up over a piece of software in over 24 years in IT.

Thanks guys (and the partners that have to make sacrifices on a daily basis for all involved, the dev, the business guy, the mods).

I cant wait for: The thread prefixes, and the infraction/warning system (y)
And the resource manager looks HOT :D

Looking closely at the screenshot, I realized there's a missing feature not announced but has its own tab: Reality. :ROFLMAO:

I indexed that five-million post database in about an hour, if memory serves.

Wow, thats great, is it a completely custom in house solution developed by you or does it piggyback of something like sphinx?

Likewise, ashleys reply here leads of bit of confusion also,

Add-ons would likely be purchased, though that would be decided on a case-by-case basis (as would the price).

Would the search for big boards be paid for or released for free? While I get the idea of the resource manager being a paid addon (already discussing plans on how I can use this on my site lol), the search I would "assume" to be considered as something you would want to make available FoC to encourage the large boards to join up.

Though, if this has yet to be discussed, alls fair.

Finally, the resource manager screenshot shows a "Download" button. I assume that you will integrate it with paypal for paid addon / product management?

Either way, great job on the updates. I'd hug you irl if I could, but for now a (y) will have to do!

Slavik,

It will be part of the core as far as I understand. Kier or the team will correct me if I am wrong.

The search is being distributed as an add-on Deebs.
For these boards, we will be offering a new add-on search product that will be both fast and scalable. This solution will require an additional process running on your server, so is likely to be of interest only to customers running their own dedicated servers.

The search is being distributed as an add-on Deebs.

Yes but I believe it will still be part of the core, ie, you buy a normal licence and you get the tech to run it. I know the tech being used and it is off the shelf, Kier actually found a bug in it whilst integrating XF into it. (Do not ask me about the tech, not my place to answer such questions).

ie. it could be an addon or something else, but still, a licence grants you access to it.

Great news! Cant wait for the relsease of the 1.1!

As I was saying before eventually many 3rd party add-ons (with very limited support) will end up being obsolete when the "mothership" releases the "native" functionality as part of the product - e.g. notices, resource manger etc.

As I was saying before eventually many 3rd party add-ons (with very limited support) will end up being obsolete when the "mothership" releases the "native" functionality as part of the product - e.g. notices, resource manger etc.

I agree, 1.1 is going to be a massive milestone not just for the developers but for the forum owners. So many functions added to the core. I expect an explosion of conversions to XF once 1.1 arrives.

Just means we need to step it up a notch, that's all. ;)

Top Bottom