Have one post to access all other nodes

polle

How can I make the users to have at least one post to be able to post in all other forums ?

I have an introduce yourself node and I want that all users have to post there at least 1 message before being able to post in all the other nodes.

How can I do that ?

Thanks.

You could setup a new usergroup and a promotion to promote members to that group after making 1 post.

The restrict the Registered group to only being able to make posts in the introduction forum.

I just cant find that exact options, so I have to ask.

You could setup a new usergroup and a promotion to promote members to that group after making 1 post.

1- I create a the wellcome usergroup and copy the permissions of registered group.
2- I create a promotion that after 1 post, users will be promoted to the wellcome usergroup.

Those 2 steps are correct ?

The restrict the Registered group to only being able to make posts in the introduction forum.

I can't find where to just let registered to post in the introduction forum.

I need that users are able to see everything, but when trying to create a thread in another node, get a notice that they need to al least create one thread in the introduction forum to access all the nodes.

Can you please point me to the correct place ?

Thanks.

Edit the node permissions for the registered group and set 'Post New Thread' and 'Post Replies' to revoke.

You should be able to just change the permissions for the categories and that will apply to all nodes within it.

you could create a notice and show it to only this group
or i've used the welcome conversation (via an add-on) to inform the new user with all the important things like introduction thread, etc..)

you could create a notice and show it to only this group

Mmmm. The idea is that when a user click the "new thread" button, they receive that message.

The thing I don't like from notices is that they are not visible enough. Yes, I know I can style it and change that, but I really prefer to have an alert when trying to hit the button, just as it happens if you try to post without being registered.

If not possible will use your solution.

Thanks.

soemthing like this? (it's no add-on, it's just a mockup)

a click on "post new thread" shows the overlay / redirects to this message

Attachments

• fooobar.webp
    fooobar.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom