HashTagging

HashTagging [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I'm not sure why Russian characters aren't working at the moment. I am looking into the issue as I've had a few people ask about it.

I'm also working on adding a new content type for the next release which some people will enjoy, it's a surprise. At that point this add on will be out of beta as it has seemed pretty stable the past few weeks.

I noticed that when I had XenMedio from @Jaxel anything I added as a tag came up searchable in google. I don't know what was special about that addon that did that but I think its pretty cool. Does the same thing happen with this addon?

Yes resources no to pages. Anything that goes through the bbcode parser will auto link. Only supported content types will show in the cloud though.

With a thanks to @Chris D, this add on now supports XenMediaGallery media. You can use #tags in the descriptions of your media and it'll show up in the clouds. To add pre-existing media to the cloud, rebuild the "Media" search index.

I think I get it, you want to have a list of keywords that you set in the admin panel. Any time someone mentions one of these words, it gets changed to a hashtag. Correct?

Hi,

Was this suggestion implemented? That would be the clincher for me - if I could suggest some tags, and have it go through all the posts in my site and create the hashtags wherever they appear.

I can't do that because I don't know what tags you want deleted. May I ask why you want to delete them? Are they displaying somewhere you don't want?

I can't do that because I don't know what tags you want deleted. May I ask why you want to delete them? Are they displaying somewhere you don't want?
last time I installed it and ran the cron job that picks up all historical #. I ended up having ugly tags like #posts, #colour-hex, #meaningless. etc. Now I want to delete them all and start off fresh. How can I do that ?

Any updates planned for the hashtag menu drop down? Would be cool if from the main menu you could get to a list of all the hashtags used. Only option now is to go to the main page?

Also, have users who put # instead of @ for a user name...wonder if there is a way to auto correct while they do it?

Very cool feature....just getting the hang of it now on jetboaters.net.

Any updates planned for the hashtag menu drop down? Would be cool if from the main menu you could get to a list of all the hashtags used. Only option now is to go to the main page?

No plans, open to suggestions on how you'd like it to function.

Also, have users who put # instead of @ for a user name...wonder if there is a way to auto correct while they do it?

Could possibly make a work around but it'd require # to have javascript/ajax requests attached to it like the @ does. If it were to find a match it'd change it to @ and if it doesn't it'd stay a #. Unless it didn't show the change visible to users until they submitted but that'd probably be bad.

Very cool feature....just getting the hang of it now on jetboaters.net.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy it.

Top Bottom