HashTagging

HashTagging [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Is it possible to show the Trending hash tag page only to logged in members? So exclude guests from viewing it?

I've installed this addon and I really like it as hashtags improve our SEO visibility. However, I have one question.

We also use XF content tagging. Let's say we have
  1. 20 threads tagged with "murakami" in some forums.
  2. Now 10 users add #murakami hashtags to their posts in different forums than 1.
  3. When I as a user click on one of the #murakami hashtags I would expect that all content related to murakami is listed, because that is what I'm interested in. So up to now we have ten pieces of content related to murakami (20 threads + 10 osts with hashtags). But in this case only the 10 hashtag posts are shown to the user. Our 20 threads tagged with "murakami" do not appear in the list.
Of course one can argue that these are two different techniques. But from a user point of view it would be helpful if tags and hashtags show the same information if users click on it to show related content. Any ideas if this is possible @Xon , @Daniel Hood

P.S. may I suggest a hashtag suggestion list when entering a new hashtag for one of the next updates? That would also be very helpful.

Last edited:
I've installed this addon and I really like it as hashtags improve our SEO visibility. However, I have one question.

We also use XF content tagging. Let's say we have
  1. 20 threads tagged with "murakami" in some forums.
  2. Now 10 users add #murakami hashtags to their posts in different forums than 1.
  3. When I as a user click on one of the #murakami hashtags I would expect that all content related to murakami is listed, because that is what I'm interested in. So up to now we have ten pieces of content related to murakami (20 threads + 10 osts with hashtags). But in this case only the 10 hashtag posts are shown to the user. Our 20 threads tagged with "murakami" do not appear in the list.
Of course one can argue that these are two different techniques. But from a user point of view it would be helpful if tags and hashtags show the same information if users click on it to show related content. Any ideas if this is possible @Xon , @Daniel Hood

P.S. may I suggest a hashtag suggestion list when entering a new hashtag for one of the next updates? That would also be very helpful.
@rhodes I haven't been actively developing hashtagging, but it definitely would make sense to integrate the two systems. Just something I haven't had time to look into.

Is it possible to show the Trending hash tag page only to logged in members? So exclude guests from viewing it?
Currently this isn't possible.

Because it is only fetching 5 :p (fixed in 2.1.4)

Thanx ;)

I also have a problem with excluding tags forum trending calculation. It is not working :P I have a list like this -> squat,bench,paused,grip,romanian,sumo,deficit,reverse

Also tried to refresh cash. Is a bodybuilding forum and members use # for marking workouts, very annoying.. but can't ask them to stop.

@rhodes I haven't been actively developing hashtagging, but it definitely would make sense to integrate the two systems. Just something I haven't had time to look into. Currently this isn't possible.
What would be more important than to integrate the two systems in my opinion is a suggestion list when typing a new hash tag. I think meanwhile people are used to get suggestions from facebook and twitter and if this is missing they might not use this function at all. Additionally a suggestion list would avoid too many similar hashtags for a single topic, @Xon

Just something I haven't had time to look into.
Any plans for this in the near future, @Xon ? Unfortunately I have to say that my users are a bit confused when tags and hashtags both are activated.

One of my users, for example, added tag "JaneGardam" to a thread and used a hashtag #JaneGardam in another users post. Now she complained that she can't find all of her posts when she clicks on the tag. Of course my admin can explain the difference between tag and hashtag, but from a users point of view this might be difficult to handle. In this example the user stopped using hashtags at all and only uses tags.

Top Bottom