Has the xenforo.og.png been replaced by the message poster's avatar?

SneakyDave

Prior to the 1.0.0 stable release, the Facebook feed of messages liked or referenced from a XenForo site used to include that logo.og.png PNG image that defaulted to the XenForo logo.

It appears that has been changed so that the message poster's avatar is used as the image in Facebook?

If so, that's great! And also, is the logo.og.png image used for anything else?

I don't see that option anywhere, I'm just "liking" a page, and post an update, it uses the avatar, other times, when a page is just "liked", it seems it uses the logo.og.png.

ok, I guess I'm just confused on what it decides to pick to use. Maybe when I use the "recommend" button at the bottom, and post an update to fb, it uses my avatar, if I just "like" something, it uses the logo.og.png.

In this pic, on xenforo.com, I "like" this thread, and I get the logo.og.png, if I like a thread on my site, it used my avatar, but I didn't get a choice of what image to use.

Attachments

• fb_xenforo_avatar.webp
    fb_xenforo_avatar.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
That shouldn't make a difference - it's just a change of the text.

I haven't been able to get anything other than a logo in my testing over the last 10 minutes or so.

Maybe it has to do with when the thread was created? I have 2 fb updates in this image, "liked" a few seconds apart, both posted and "liked" by me on the same site. The only difference is that one thread was created before 1.0.0. stable was installed.

Attachments

• fb_xenforo_avatar2.webp
    fb_xenforo_avatar2.webp
    20 KB · Views: 3
The thread creation date shouldn't affect it.

I suspect this is most likely a Facebook caching issue as the logo is the default image and so should always be shown when clicking the like/recommend button.

The ability to choose an avatar or logo is definitely new in 1.0.0.
It only became possible after Facebook made changes to their code.

It was mentioned but not implemented.
Currently it's only configurable by editing the open_graph_meta template.

I expect it may appear in the future as an ACP option.

Ah yes, a misunderstanding on my part there.
I thought Dave meant being able to configure the default thumbnail; i.e. the avatar or logo.

Top Bottom