Has Mike Sullivan of XenForo left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Howard

I sent an e-mail inquiring this and haven't received any answer (I think about 1 week now).

I was informed that Mike Sullivan of XenForo has left XenForo.

Can someone please be so kind as to confirm or deny this?

Informed by who ? Unless you been reading those conspiracy theories floating around net lol .

Informed by who ? Unless you been reading those conspiracy theories floating around net lol .
I got into a discussion with someone and they brought up a few points.

Let me make it clear and say, I love XenForo and will continue to support XenForo no matter if Mike is here or not.

But I would like to know the current state of things.... And if this is just a pathetic rumour making its way.... I simple "YES" or "NO" answer would squish this without issue. No other explanation is required.

I'm not directing this comment to anyone, but everyone in general.

Can we please not turn this thread into a p*ssing match or an excuse to troll?

I simply want to know the status of this and do not see why we can not obtain this information without attacking everyone else! We're all grown adults (majority) and I feel we are more than capable of being such (acting such).

The only point of this thread is to seek out an answer to my question. I personally still love and will continue to support XenForo regardless of that answer. :)

I like and respect Mike ... but you know what, starting a new venture is extremely hard and sometimes the people who start it change their minds and leave. Not saying that is or isn't the case here, just that its not something people to cry about.

I got into a discussion with someone and they brought up a few points.

Sounds more like concerned speculation than sourced information. I wouldn't worry.

I haven't heard anything about Mike leaving and I see him online every day. He should be online in a few hours. Maybe we can get a YES or NO out of him. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they are simply ignoring questions like this. Defending against rumor and speculation can be tiring and counterproductive. I have some personal experience with this so I can empathize.

Sounds more like concerned speculation than sourced information. I wouldn't worry.

I haven't heard anything about Mike leaving and I see him online every day. He should be online in a few hours. Maybe we can get a YES or NO out of him. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they are simply ignoring questions like this. Defending against rumor and speculation can be tiring and counterproductive. I have some personal experience with this so I can empathize.
Like yourself, I'm online maybe more than I should be (A LOT more than I should be). I've not seen him online at all.

And even if he logs in privately.... His last post was in March and last status update (profile) was in September 2011. This of course mildly added to what someone was suggesting (not enough to pose the question though... A few other points were made).

So I thought to inquire. No harm done and none meant either.

Like yourself, I'm online maybe more than I should be (A LOT more than I should be). I've not seen him online at all.

Oh yeah. Maybe he's invisible. But of course I can see him because I'm a moderator.

I see KAM online almost every day as of late. Usually in the morning hours in the UK.

Oh yeah. Maybe he's invisible. But of course I can see him because I'm a moderator.

I see KAM online almost every day as of late. Usually in the morning hours in the UK.
Online is nice, but I'm online too and that doesn't make me an employee or owner of XenForo Ltd. Not to be rude, just mildly feel we're getting side tracked away from my general question. :)

I don't know if some people just don't realize how much of a burden developing a great product is, while providing support for it full time, dealing with business aspects, and juggling court cases for said product, but I wouldn't be active on the forums either if I had all of that going on. Then try to squeeze in time to cut stress, spend time with family and other loved ones, and maintain any other aspects of every day life. The software here is great, the staff is unbelievably responsive to major issues, the members and moderators of the community are very helpful when people need assistance, what else really matters? This site has almost 20K members lets assume only 10% of said 20K have licenses that's 2,000 people to support with a staff you can count on your fingers why should they have to be active on the forums at all when they are answering support tickets. I can understand browsing invisibly when every time they get online they are hounded with a million question from users. I am sure they are reading most of the important topics and addressing any issues even if the entire community doesn't see it. I am sure if any major issue were to come up we would eventually be notified, I don't remember the user agreement saying we are entitled to every single status update of the staff member's lives.

I wish the people who continuously start these ridiculous rumors would find something better to do with their time, especially if they are customers. Instead of creating speculation every other day, why not protect your investment in the product and be helpful around the forum, so new customers see the positive side of things.

I think I've seen Mike online yesterday or day before. I just don't like the way XF is being targeted like this!

Conspiracies for the sake of having conspiracy is all this amounts too.

Besides, if you think this through to the very end, Mike "leaving" would be a huuuuuuge success for him and Xenforo. You can ponder that one out for yourselves.

This site has almost 20K members lets assume only 10% of said 20K have licenses that's 2,000 people to support with a staff you can count on your fingers why should they have to be active on the forums at all when they are answering support tickets.

Couldn't agree more. I guess that we are feeling a little nostalgic because the developers were so engaged with the community for a long time. Like it was XenForo's thing. My hope is that once the stupid lawsuit is over and things settled down we get more engagement now and then with the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom