Has anyone stumbled onto a xenforo powered site through normal browsing?

yoghurtfarmer

Through search engines, social media, linked from a friend, etc... any web surfing that doesn't have to do with forum software, webmasters and the like.

I personally haven't yet.

Through search engines, social media, linked from a friend, etc... any web surfing that doesn't have to do with forum software, webmasters and the like.

I personally haven't yet.

Yes, suprisingly I found some already.

Don't forget that xenForo is still in Beta.
And apart from the people posting at this forum, there won't be much companies/persons who are crazy enough to run Beta software at a live site ;)

I saw one the other day. Can't remember which, though.

And you clicked through from "hotlustyasianbabes" as well
eek.png
Got to love tracking software.

Hopefully soon you will stumble across mine. I know XenForo will revive my forum to it's former self. I want to move so bad it hurts.

none yet soo far but would predict we would see plenty more when stable version is release and even more when lawsuit is over

The thread is 8 months old, I'm sure by now we got quiet a lot of communities running XF. :)
For sure.

Also, for the question to this date - I've found a lot of forums using XenForo ( some that I've seen here and some new to me ) , from my searches, ;) .

I don't think I have, but then again, I'm not a "normal" browser by any means. :D Sadly, I still see a lot of vB installations, some having moved to 4.0 or 4.1, and some big boards staying at 3.7 or 3.8 for various reasons. I am actually seeing fewer free forum systems in my browsing, though...and to be honest, I haven't yet found a free forum system I care for yet. (Longtime phpBB2 user here, and have also tried SMF, phpBB3 and MyBB.)

Hoping to move our big board to XF 1.1 when it comes out, but I have to convince the site owner to do so. There are also a lot of whiney members that will complain profusely. (You should have seen the s**tstorm when I installed AddThis buttons to the forum last week!!)

Top Bottom