• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Has anyone stumbled onto a xenforo powered site through normal browsing?

yoghurtfarmer

Through search engines, social media, linked from a friend, etc... any web surfing that doesn't have to do with forum software, webmasters and the like.

I personally haven't yet.

Vincent

Through search engines, social media, linked from a friend, etc... any web surfing that doesn't have to do with forum software, webmasters and the like.

I personally haven't yet.
Yes, suprisingly I found some already.

Don't forget that xenForo is still in Beta.
And apart from the people posting at this forum, there won't be much companies/persons who are crazy enough to run Beta software at a live site ;)

jonsidneyb

Hopefully soon you will stumble across mine. I know XenForo will revive my forum to it's former self. I want to move so bad it hurts.

M@rc

The thread is 8 months old, I'm sure by now we got quiet a lot of communities running XF. :)
For sure.

Also, for the question to this date - I've found a lot of forums using XenForo ( some that I've seen here and some new to me ) , from my searches, ;) .

Rudy

I don't think I have, but then again, I'm not a "normal" browser by any means. :D Sadly, I still see a lot of vB installations, some having moved to 4.0 or 4.1, and some big boards staying at 3.7 or 3.8 for various reasons. I am actually seeing fewer free forum systems in my browsing, though...and to be honest, I haven't yet found a free forum system I care for yet. (Longtime phpBB2 user here, and have also tried SMF, phpBB3 and MyBB.)

Hoping to move our big board to XF 1.1 when it comes out, but I have to convince the site owner to do so. There are also a lot of whiney members that will complain profusely. (You should have seen the s**tstorm when I installed AddThis buttons to the forum last week!!)