1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone stumbled onto a xenforo powered site through normal browsing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by yoghurtfarmer, Jan 16, 2011.

1. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

Through search engines, social media, linked from a friend, etc... any web surfing that doesn't have to do with forum software, webmasters and the like.

I personally haven't yet.

2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Yes, suprisingly I found some already.

Don't forget that xenForo is still in Beta.
    And apart from the people posting at this forum, there won't be much companies/persons who are crazy enough to run Beta software at a live site ;)

3. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

Oh I know, hence the question. This question wouldn't be interesting if xenForo sites were in abundance.

4. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Well, we'll meet again in a year from now and than there'll be a lot more :)

5. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Not seen any yet.

6. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook Active Member

I saw one the other day. Can't remember which, though.

7. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

And you clicked through from "hotlustyasianbabes" as well [​IMG] Got to love tracking software.

8. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Same here and it was a large one, big board large.. But cant remember much more then that.. Other then thinking "wow, cool" ;)

9. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Hopefully soon you will stumble across mine. I know XenForo will revive my forum to it's former self. I want to move so bad it hurts.

10. maidos

maidos Active Member

none yet soo far but would predict we would see plenty more when stable version is release and even more when lawsuit is over

11. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

12. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

The thread is 8 months old, I'm sure by now we got quiet a lot of communities running XF. :)

13. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

For sure.

Also, for the question to this date - I've found a lot of forums using XenForo ( some that I've seen here and some new to me ) , from my searches, ;) .

14. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Didn't expect it considering what I was looking for. :)

15. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

No, not yet :)

16. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

I've run into a few through google, they were mostly forums for Minecraft or Terraria.

17. rollthebones

rollthebones Active Member

18. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

I don't think I have, but then again, I'm not a "normal" browser by any means. :D Sadly, I still see a lot of vB installations, some having moved to 4.0 or 4.1, and some big boards staying at 3.7 or 3.8 for various reasons. I am actually seeing fewer free forum systems in my browsing, though...and to be honest, I haven't yet found a free forum system I care for yet. (Longtime phpBB2 user here, and have also tried SMF, phpBB3 and MyBB.)

Hoping to move our big board to XF 1.1 when it comes out, but I have to convince the site owner to do so. There are also a lot of whiney members that will complain profusely. (You should have seen the s**tstorm when I installed AddThis buttons to the forum last week!!)

jonsidneyb and M@rc like this.